Honesty When You Get Caught with Your Pants Down... [Archive] - Honda VTX forums for Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 motorcycles

: Honesty When You Get Caught with Your Pants Down...

TheTechGods
10-24-2013, 10:14 AM
OK, so I just wanted to relay a little story.... Last night I was coming home from a wiring job about an hour away. I'm running network wires at a high school, so I can't start work until about 6PM each night because that's when the school finally empties out and I can be on the 22 foot ladder and not be over everyone's heads.

Lately, it's been getting quite cold here at night, at least for riding. Dropping to the mid-to-low 30's each night by midnight when I'm usually riding home.

So last night I did my usual ride home... Stopped for gas on the way home at the top of the ridge, and took a few minutes to thaw out because it was quite warm when I left to go there so I didn't wear my snow parka... The job is just far enough that I have to stop for gas either on the way there or on the way back. There's no "down and back" without a gas stop...

Anyway, after the gas stop it was another 20 miles home. I got to the "home stretch" which is just 1 mile from home -- bear in mind doing a pretty constant 80 the whole way (speed limit is 70). In the home stretch, there were no cars, no lights, so I opened her up a bit more.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, don't you know yet, at almost 38 years old, that's when the cops are hiding out??

Sure enough, there go the lights. I saw him on the side just as he turned them on... I wasn't even going that much faster than the usual 80, but I was probably pushing 93+ (on the skewed VTX speedo) when he turned the lights on....

So, before he even had his overhead lights on, I was in the slow lane, slowed down considerably, and by the time he put them on, I was slowing to get off my exit. I gave him a wave to acknowledge him and got off the exit, so that I could stop safely off the freeway.

Had the bike off and the helmet off (but stayed on it) by the time he approached, greeted him cheerfully and respectfully:

"How ya doin' officer? I know I was going a bit fast there, I was just freezing and I only had a mile left and there were no cars ahead so I opened her up a bit. I was just trying to get home a little faster. I know it was stupid, I know better. What did ya get me for, about 85?"

He agreed and was completely respectful and nice in response. He asked for my info and I gave him what he needed, letting him know beforehand that I'd have to get off the bike to access the insurance card in a bag in the tool kit. I mentioned I lived just past the first light, and he asked me for the address -- I told him I just moved there and it was different from the one on the license. He wrote down the correct address and asked me to hold on.

He went back to the car and a few minutes later he returned and said, "You're the first person all week that admitted he was speeding and didn't try to downplay the speed by more than 10 MPH... I'm gonna help you out."

He gave me a ticket for "failure to update address" on my license, which is a no-fine offense as long as I update the address and stop in to the CHP within 30 days to show them the corrected address. Seriously, what a hook-up! I thanked him profusely and even shook his hand and told him to have a great night.

Morals of the story... 1) If you're going to push the limits, don't just "think" you're in the clear -- KNOW it. It's one thing on a deserted highway during the day or when you have "rabbits" (people driving at least as fast or faster around you) but it's another thing on a pitch black highway at night when an officer can be lurking on the side and you wouldn't see him til you're past him.... 2) You catch more flies with honey. Always be as respectful as you can when confronted with an issue with an officer. Certainly you'll know right away if it's not going to get you anywhere, but starting out being disrespectful is always just plain stupid. 3) If you get pulled over, it's helpful if you have some stupid thing you can give the officer to let you off on, such as a wrong address....

Be safe out there folks!!

Kenard67
10-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Something Ive learned about Law enforcement, Its not easy, but if your able to learn their ranks and call them by their rank, as in corporal, seargent, so forth, they seam to like that and go easier on you.

TheTechGods
10-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Something Ive learned about Law enforcement, Its not easy, but if your able to learn their ranks and call them by their rank, as in corporal, seargent, so forth, they seam to like that and go easier on you.

+1...

crew
10-24-2013, 10:44 AM
... so ...

It's obvious that the general perception so far is that police enforce laws and issue citations for 'personal' reasons other than the actual infractions ... sort of a 'percieved' mutual respect or cultural familiarity ... memorized jargon ... cultural conformity or simply a disingenuous patter and such ...

This is nothing new ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQMqWAiWPMs

Thanks so much for your thoughtful, informative and well meaning post ... and an alternative to actually obeying the law ...

because ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

DrOmega
10-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Cool!! So good to be honorable and then NOT get nailed to the wall. Glad the officer was a decent sort.

On a side note, it is weird to be ticketed for an offense that you cannot be stopped for in the first place...

Shamus
10-24-2013, 11:49 AM
A few years back I was returning home from getting my Goldwing serviced and didn't pay attention to oncoming traffic... As luck would have it, I blew by the only radar deputy in our rural County and was clocked at 78/55 by his rear scanning radar. After travelling a few miles I saw him after me just as I turned off the main highway at my exit. After giving my documents up, the deputy asked if I had been attempting to elude him? I stated that in fact, I hadn't even seen him at all... He checked his computer for prior infractions, then let me off with only a verbal warning. (it pays not to have any prior record)!

crew
10-24-2013, 02:37 PM
A few years back I was returning home from getting my Goldwing serviced and didn't pay attention to oncoming traffic... As luck would have it, I blew by the only radar deputy in our rural County and was clocked at 78/55 by his rear scanning radar. After travelling a few miles I saw him after me just as I turned off the main highway at my exit. After giving my documents up, the deputy asked if I had been attempting to elude him? I stated that in fact, I hadn't even seen him at all... He checked his computer for prior infractions, then let me off with only a verbal warning. (it pays not to have any prior record)!

+ 101 %

The thing is, none of this is a substitute for :
obeying the law
telling the truth
doing the next right thing ...

... which puts most folks in the "no prior record" zone ... which is where folks should be ...

... consider this a "verbal warning" prior to infraction ... for what it's worth ... it's not any more true or false simply because a cop says it on the side of the road ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

PaXman11
10-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Officer: "Where's the fire, buddy?" Speeder: "In your eyes, Officer, in your eyes!"

wngd
10-24-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm still trying to understand why you were riding in the cold with your pants down......... :o

TheTechGods
10-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Less wind resistance!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App (http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile)

DrOmega
10-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Less wind resistance!

Overshare!!

k smalls
10-25-2013, 12:33 AM
True story for me: after being pulled over

Officer: "How ya doing today?"
Me: "Good sir, and you?"
Officer: "Better'n you!"

Not much else after that. Ticket was easy to pay though.

Grump
10-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Personally I do the same thing, I know I am speeding so when I see the cop I just pull over and wait. If in the cage, I hold my hands out where they are visible and by the time they get to my bumper I tell them "officer, I don't want you to get nervous but I have a loaded firearm next to my leg" 9 out of 10 times the cop will take his hand off his sidearm! I then tell them I simply wasn't paying attention and didn't want to put them in danger by having them catch me.
i have done this NUMEROUS times and rarely gotten the speeding ticket! This has gotten me seat belt ticket after being stopped for 94 in a 55.
Moral, admit to your screw up and be respectful and put them at ease. This gets you respect and empathy.
These people are doing a very thankless job and many people dispize them for it. I personally thank them for doing it even when handed a $250 ticket for my stupidity!

SPARKY5151
10-25-2013, 11:13 AM
+ 101 %

The thing is, none of this is a substitute for :
obeying the law
telling the truth
doing the next right thing ...

... which puts most folks in the "no prior record" zone ... which is where folks should be ...

... consider this a "verbal warning" prior to infraction ... for what it's worth ... it's not any more true or false simply because a cop says it on the side of the road ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

Well, aren't you the sanctimonious CFL!!!! Just who elected you as the morality officer of the café?

SPARKY5151
10-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Less wind resistance!

Wow! I wouldn't have admitted that!!!!:stirpot:

SPARKY5151
10-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Personally I do the same thing, I know I am speeding so when I see the cop I just pull over and wait. If in the cage, I hold my hands out where they are visible and by the time they get to my bumper I tell them "officer, I don't want you to get nervous but I have a loaded firearm next to my leg" 9 out of 10 times the cop will take his hand off his sidearm! I then tell them I simply wasn't paying attention and didn't want to put them in danger by having them catch me.
i have done this NUMEROUS times and rarely gotten the speeding ticket! This has gotten me seat belt ticket after being stopped for 94 in a 55.
Moral, admit to your screw up and be respectful and put them at ease. This gets you respect and empathy.
These people are doing a very thankless job and many people dispize them for it. I personally thank them for doing it even when handed a $250 ticket for my stupidity!

Good policy! I assume you have a CCW, or are just one brave guy! I was taking my renewal class a number of years ago. The instructor was a police officer, so during the classroom part, I asked him his opinion on notifying the officer who stopped you that you are carrying concealed. He said it is up to you, BUT, if you don't notify him first, and he sees your weapon, I guarantee you that you are going to see his!:icon_pist

Grump
10-26-2013, 06:04 AM
In FloriDUH, citizens are allowed to carry a loaded firearm in their vehicle without a permit. The law is very lax, it has to be "securely in cased" in anything from a shoe box with a lid on it to simply being in a holster with a snap on it. I had let my permit expire for many years and still carried in my vehicle with zero issues as a result.

IrishX
10-26-2013, 07:40 AM
I got pulled over in Jan of '12 for speeding, bout ~30° outside around midnight. Cop asked why I was speeding and I told him because it was cold and I was trying to get home. He said wouldn't I be colder the faster I went? To which I replied yes but it'd be over quicker. He smirked gave me a citation for failure to obey a traffic device and told me to get home and not to let him see me again that night. I don't want to even think about the fine or points if have gotten if he gave me an actual speeding ticket.

SPARKY5151
10-26-2013, 10:26 AM
In FloriDUH, citizens are allowed to carry a loaded firearm in their vehicle without a permit. The law is very lax, it has to be "securely in cased" in anything from a shoe box with a lid on it to simply being in a holster with a snap on it. I had let my permit expire for many years and still carried in my vehicle with zero issues as a result.

Dang, now I know why everyone is going to Florida! :icon_pist:icon_pist:icon_pist

crew
10-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Well, aren't you the sanctimonious CFL!!!! Just who elected you as the morality officer of the café?

Thanks for asking ... pretty much "no" to all of the above ... sanctimonious and morality officer and "all that jazz" ... quite frankly, I sort of pick and choose which laws I choose to obey at any particular moment ... and ... in that I'm probably more transparent and understanding than most ... and admittedly so ...and think that the "golden rule" is a pretty good one ... but ... in general ... I tend not to have an especially high ( nor especially low ) opinion of "cops" , in part from all of the stuff that has been discussed here taken to its logical extremes ...

... but I do have a sense of humor ...

consequently:
" ... consider this a "verbal warning" prior to infraction ... for what it's worth ... it's not any more true or false simply because a cop says it on the side of the road ... "

... but ...

... for me ...

... speeding is probably the least pleasurable and profitable laws to break ... it's just that it is one of the several infractions that is actually tolerated, encouraged and admired on a metric motorcycle board :choppersm ... brum - brum - brum ... potato ... potato ... potato ...:choppersm

Keep in mind that the reason for most traffic laws is a broad perspective of "public safety" ... but ... as we can see from several of the responses ... actual enforcement is most often "subjective" in some tribal wink and nod while performing a cultural conformity "shuck and jive" ... by those who turn around and boast about the imagined virtues and profitability of "hard work" for menial pay despite all evidence to the contrary ...

I think if you look at just about every post there's a certain level of "morality", either stated or implied ... my opinion is simply my opinion ... no more ... no less ...

So ... ??? sanctimonious ??? probably less than most ... without all of that cultural conformity nonsense ... and, as few are kissing my @$$ and bowing and scraping on the roadside as I speak ... :nono: You need not call me officer ... :nono:

... but ...

... thanks for taking the time to read and respond ...

because ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

crew
10-26-2013, 03:18 PM
BTW

This general lack of respect for the law ... any law ... and the general "sympathy" for anarchy, amorality, hedonism, wretched excess and mayhem ... blended perfectly with lyric content, artistic expression, public personae and personal biography is one of the things that has kept the Rolling Stones current and popular and eternally fresh despite their obvious age ...

For me they provide a much more inspiring example than sucking up to an underpaid public employee in the freezing cold in the middle of the night ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXGsPBUV5g

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

MPD193
10-26-2013, 04:31 PM

Sparky, It's best just to put the CFL on ignore so you don't have to read his sanctimonious crap and you don't have to see a reference to some irrelevant video that he uses to waste bandwidth. We at the Cafe would also thank you not to quote our resident troll so we don't have to read his series of dots with a bunch of copy and paste drivel or "Butt Opinions".

And if the CFL would like to respond to this, just don't. You're on ignore, so just go away.

SPARKY5151
10-28-2013, 01:16 AM
Sparky, It's best just to put the CFL on ignore so you don't have to read his sanctimonious crap and you don't have to see a reference to some irrelevant video that he uses to waste bandwidth. We at the Cafe would also thank you not to quote our resident troll so we don't have to read his series of dots with a bunch of copy and paste drivel or "Butt Opinions".

And if the CFL would like to respond to this, just don't. You're on ignore, so just go away.

Point taken, and I recognize a good idea when I see one, thank Merle! Jim

Mortikus
10-28-2013, 09:29 AM

This is dangerous in that it is incorrect. When stating statutes it is important to post a link to your source as without it, and someone somewhat ignorant on the subject reads it... I know, their choice, but it can cause undue problems.

In Florida, even with the latest laws regarding the right to keep firearms in your car at work, are requiring a CCW. :

1 (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.251.html#1)790.251 Protection of the right to keep and bear arms in motor vehicles for self-defense and other lawful purposes; prohibited acts; duty of public and private employers; immunity from liability; enforcement.—
(c) “Employee” means any person who possesses a valid license issued pursuant to s. 790.06 (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.06.html) and:1. Works for salary, wages, or other remuneration;
2. Is an independent contractor; or
3. Is a volunteer, intern, or other similar individual for an employer.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.251.html

The section on 790.06 is the following:
790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.06.html

So. Without a concealed permit, I HIGHLY recommend 'not' carrying a loaded firearm in your vehicle in Florida. It 'can' be in the trunk, unloaded, on your way to and from a shop/range/etc.

Mort

crew
10-28-2013, 03:59 PM
This is dangerous in that it is incorrect. When stating statutes it is important to post a link to your source as without it, and someone somewhat ignorant on the subject reads it... I know, their choice, but it can cause undue problems.

In Florida, even with the latest laws regarding the right to keep firearms in your car at work, are requiring a CCW. :

1 (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.251.html#1)790.251 Protection of the right to keep and bear arms in motor vehicles for self-defense and other lawful purposes; prohibited acts; duty of public and private employers; immunity from liability; enforcement.—
(c) “Employee” means any person who possesses a valid license issued pursuant to s. 790.06 (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.06.html) and:1. Works for salary, wages, or other remuneration;
2. Is an independent contractor; or
3. Is a volunteer, intern, or other similar individual for an employer.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.251.html

The section on 790.06 is the following:
790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.06.html

So. Without a concealed permit, I HIGHLY recommend 'not' carrying a loaded firearm in your vehicle in Florida. It 'can' be in the trunk, unloaded, on your way to and from a shop/range/etc.

Mort

As previously stated, "the laws" are mostly a matter of convenience ... especially in Florida ... it is no secret that prescription drug "abuse" and doctor shopping is epidemic in the sunshine state and most everywhere else to some degree ... so ... you've got a bunch of medicare "legal" junkies zoned out and "carrying" in record numbers because of the sanctity of medical privacy ... and this is before any actual laws are broken ...

... and , of course, that denial thingy sort of puts all other opinions on "TILT" ... Murders by firearms have increased dramatically in Florida since 2000, when there were 499 gun murders, according to data from Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Gun murders have since climbed 38 percent — with 691 murders committed with guns in 2011.

In truth, the most common victim of fatal gun violence is a distraught man who, alone in a room, puts a gun to his head and pulls the trigger. In 2011, the most recent year for which state numbers are available, there were 1,474 firearm suicides in Florida compared with 827 firearm homicides.In Central Florida, the numbers were 309 vs. 154.
Florida residents here shot themselves to death in public parks, parked cars, cemeteries, gun ranges, behind stores — but most often at home. Most certainly there have been several overt mentions of this "option" on this board and other motorcycle forums to totally understand that we are not particularly alone or unique in this regard but what is NOT adequately understood is that we are not immune ...

With these kind of numbers it's sort of hard to have a "reasonable" discussion ... so ... it's best to understand that folks just want what they want and do what they want to do ... laws be "dammed" ...

"Responsible" gun owners will act "responsibly" ... but ... obviously ... the definition of "responsible" will vary ...

because ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

Azyurel
10-28-2013, 05:53 PM
BTW

This general lack of respect for the law ... any law ... and the general "sympathy" for anarchy, amorality, hedonism, wretched excess and mayhem ... blended perfectly with lyric content, artistic expression, public personae and personal biography is one of the things that has kept the Rolling Stones current and popular and eternally fresh despite their obvious age ...

For me they provide a much more inspiring example than sucking up to an underpaid public employee in the freezing cold in the middle of the night ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

Doesn't every older generation say this about the generation coming after it? I remember similar things being said about those growing up in the 60s -70s - 80s.

Funny thing is you even see a lot of cops not obeying the laws these days. Thank god for cellphone cameras and the upstanding citizens willing to film dirty cops.

Also gotta love the stones man.

crew
10-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Doesn't every older generation say this about the generation coming after it? I remember similar things being said about those growing up in the 60s -70s - 80s.

Funny thing is you even see a lot of cops not obeying the laws these days. Thank god for cellphone cameras and the upstanding citizens willing to film dirty cops.

Also gotta love the stones man.

Not exactly ... in American popular culture and art often artists and entertainers were protected by the studios and corporations that "owned" them ... often literally getting away with "murder" ... you can quickly look up Busby Burkely as an outstyanding example ... once "scandal" touched an "artist" ... their career was often ruined ... and ... with the onset of "Blacklisting" the mere mention of "association" was enough ...

Not so with the Rolling Stones ... who have sort of made a very profitable public spectacle of general "sympathy" for anarchy, amorality, hedonism, wretched excess and mayhem ... http://jonmwessel.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/rolling-stones-some-girls-banner.jpg?w=600

http://www.nme.com/images/gallery/RollingStones03PA260411.jpg

... and most of "hip - hop" artist require it for "street cred" ... http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqe7sbpueR1qkqma3o1_500.jpg

"Yea ... we know it's against a law . just not mine ...I've got other priorities ..." ... or words to that effect ...

A conflict of interests so to speak ...

??? Guess who's winning ... ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cogepHX5uTU

What do you think ???

because ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

Azyurel
10-28-2013, 08:45 PM
true enough crew. Also I dig the sig quote

crew
10-29-2013, 09:55 AM
true enough crew. Also I dig the sig quote

Thanks for your kind words ... but to sort of connect it to the OP ... I truly understand this sort of wink and nod level of law enforcement ... and ... tell tyhe truth ... I usually treat "cops" courteously and try to give them the benefit of the doubt even though I am well aware of the fundamental hypocracy of law enforcement ... not to protect the weak and vulnerable but rather to maintain the authority and dominance of the rich and powerful ... and this begins with wsimple enforcement ... Who gets cuffed and "taken in" and who gets a wink and a "warning" ... and I highly recommend that everyone use every tool at their disposal to stay out of jail ... especially if you do not have the wherewithal to afford adequate legal counsel ...

You don't change the world by arguing with a cop ... "The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hand."
Robert Pirsig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXSAdX1VCXc

because ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ..

crew

BUDLEY
11-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Last time I was stopped the cop asked us (I was in the lead going about 10 over)If we were armed.
I wasn't but my friend was and said so.
The cop asked him for his gun and he would return it when the stop was over.
My friend said he didn't think that was legal or necessary.He argued with him for ten minutes.
At that point I knew we were getting tickets and we did after my friend turned his gun over.
If he hadn't the trooper said he was going to call for backup.

crew
11-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Last time I was stopped the cop asked us (I was in the lead going about 10 over)If we were armed.
I wasn't but my friend was and said so.
The cop asked him for his gun and he would return it when the stop was over.
My friend said he didn't think that was legal or necessary.He argued with him for ten minutes.
At that point I knew we were getting tickets and we did after my friend turned his gun over.
If he hadn't the trooper said he was going to call for backup.

You probably made the "right move" under the circumstances ... except for that "arguing with a cop" thingy ... because, in most situations like this, words have no significant meaning ... especially during a routine traffic stop ... "the courts" have usually decided these issues long before your particular traffic stop ... and that would depend upon where you were stopped and what procedure the officer was trained ... and that's where it gets real, real, real subjective ... you don't know this particualar cop ... He don't know you ... so it depends upoon his/ her / policeperson personal evaluation of how much of an imagined threat you present to him and how much of a threat he presents to you ...

... and this will vary greatly from individual to individual ... obviously in this case the mere threat of "calling for backup" was sufficient "persuasion" ...

So ... the actual ability to "carry" sort of depends upon who is more "persuasive" at the moment ...

Thanks for sharing your anecdote ...

because ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

MD-500man
11-13-2013, 01:29 AM
As a law enforcement officer of 30 plus years I rarely had the time to set and issue traffic tickets. Most of my career has been in a city that keeps most of the district officers going call to call, and when you weren't on a call you were knocking out reports. But when I did have time for traffic stops I always approached and asked if they knew why I stopped them. For those that openly admitted what they had done they got a warning. For those that wanted to argue or deny that they did anything wrong, well they kinda bought themselves the ticket. When I stopped you, you were guilty of the violation, in other words it was bad!! I have ran into all kinds of officers throughout my career and when I came across one that had a power trip with the badge I avoided them at all costs unless I was dispatched to respond on a call with them. So as far as honesty, you bet it is the way I was raised so if you are honest with me when I stop ya you are probably going on about your way with a warning. Heck who cant spend that ticket money in a better way. I no longer work the streets and I don't miss it at all. take care all. MD

TheTechGods
11-13-2013, 07:58 PM
As a law enforcement officer of 30 plus years I rarely had the time to set and issue traffic tickets. Most of my career has been in a city that keeps most of the district officers going call to call, and when you weren't on a call you were knocking out reports. But when I did have time for traffic stops I always approached and asked if they knew why I stopped them. For those that openly admitted what they had done they got a warning. For those that wanted to argue or deny that they did anything wrong, well they kinda bought themselves the ticket. When I stopped you, you were guilty of the violation, in other words it was bad!! I have ran into all kinds of officers throughout my career and when I came across one that had a power trip with the badge I avoided them at all costs unless I was dispatched to respond on a call with them. So as far as honesty, you bet it is the way I was raised so if you are honest with me when I stop ya you are probably going on about your way with a warning. Heck who cant spend that ticket money in a better way. I no longer work the streets and I don't miss it at all. take care all. MD

+1...