Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

New Honda f6b/colors

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Beastie Boy 
#1 ·
I posted some of this at the end of an old thread and certainly there are enough "my next ride" threads but I though these were kind of cool. Honda at one point (with the VTX) was known for trying some out-there colors (notably the blurple, orange and yellow). It looks like one of their dealers (Honda of Russelville) is trying a similar thing in addition to the standard f6b red and black, they now offer an "HR Signature Series" for $18,985 in some great or interesting colors depending on how you look at it :eek: I'll try and post the colors from all the different angles of the bike since many here haven't been able to see one up close.

See less See more
#2 ·
I know there's a lot of folks around here that don't like the F6B but the more I read about it and the more I see it I'm really starting to jones for this thing. Just can't afford one right now. I know it doesn't come with cruise control but I don't have that anyway now.
Great article in Cycle World comparing it to a CVO Road Glide. If I can find it I'll post it. Great reading.

here it is

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/04/2...s-honda-gold-wing-f6b-deluxe-comparison-test/

#4 ·
Not sure why they haven't figured out that cruise control is kind of mandatory on a full cruiser. At least they got the self cancelling turn signals ;) When they do these comparison rides, I'm not sure what compels them to compare a $34,000 HD CVO special edition against a $21,000 f6b when there are closer models to contrast? With a taller windscreen, cruise and a removable trunk added only when you need it, the f6b looks more and more like a winner but the sales figures remain to be seen.

From the article:
To find out, we pitted the Honda against what arguably is the ultimate traditional bagger, the Harley-Davidson FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Custom Anniversary. Besides having the longest name in the history of modern commerce, this limited-production, 110th-
anniversary model apparently made a mad dash through H-D’s Parts & Accessories catalog and glommed something off every page. This includes a 110-inch Screamin’ Eagle V-Twin engine with Heavy Breather air filter; H-D’s Assist & Slip hydraulic slipper clutch; high-output audio system with two—yes, two—200-watt amplifiers, plus a pair of speakers in the saddlebag lids and an included 8GB iPod nano; Daymaker LED headlight array; Contrast Chrome Agitator wheels and front brake rotors; low-profile two-piece seat; black 1.25-inch internally wired handlebar; elaborate 110th Anniversary Diamond Dust and Obsidian paint with Palladium graphics; and a superabundant supply of chromed P&A hardware from nose to tail.

The base price for the standard F6B is $19,999, while the Deluxe package is $1,000 more, and it brings a center stand, passenger backrest, self-canceling turn signals and heated grips.

The F6B customization includes a list of nice optional features and accessories, such as saddlebag coolers, a tall windscreen, rear bracket and carrier, very expensive fog lights ($99.95), chrome and billet accents and parts.

#6 ·
Honda is no stranger to "out there" colors...I had a '76 Goldwing that was bright yellow, and they used that same color on the CB750F in I think 1978...And early 1970's they had plenty of metallic orange bikes in the lineup also...We had a CL360 that was originally orange with black tank graphics...

#7 ·
Although the looks of the f6b has really grown on me, you can see in this pic the trouble for taller/longer legged riders with the flat six and rad pods in the way of forward controls or riding pegs....I still want to ride one but think it won't be a comfortable long distance cruiser for me. Indian Chieftain remains the most likely option at present but I have a few years to worry about it......

#8 ·
Although the looks of the f6b has really grown on me, you can see in this pic the trouble for taller/longer legged riders with the flat six and rad pods in the way of forward controls or riding pegs....I still want to ride one but think it won't be a comfortable long distance cruiser for me. Indian Chieftain remains the most likely option at present but I have a few years to worry about it......
that is my biggest complaint on the 6 cylinder wings.. I was OK on the 4 cylinder wings... NO extra room. but OK. 6 ft 3...

#17 ·
Running gear and frames are exactly the same as the Goldwing on the new bikes...Also the running gear and possibly the frames (not 100% positive, but I think so) were identical on the 1500 'Wing and Valkyrie back then...Valkyrie was always a Goldwing without all the plastic body panels...

#19 ·
Radiators are in those scoops...Like I said, same frame and layout as the Goldwing...They're in the exact same spots on the 'Wing...They gotta put the radiator someplace...And I always thought the huge radiator on the old Valkyrie 1500 stuck out like a sore thumb...Taking away from the great looks of the rest of the bike....

#21 ·
I think it's a clever idea ... a signature color scheme ... black & *** ... keeping the logos to a minimal but sill easily identifiabe ... wish they would have left the "Honda" off the front of the fairing ... sort of distracting to the elegance of the bike ... most certainly the bike is distinctive without it ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

#22 ·
If I were to get rid of my 1300R, it would be an F6B or the new F6C. I like the looks of the F6B. Sat on one but the dealer does not allow test rides. My wife said I better get a new truck before I get a different motorcycle. The Ford truck I own is only 20 years old. It is not broken in yet.

#23 ·
I've sat on the F6B and liked it. I wouldn't mind owning it, but I love my VTX, and wouldn't get rid of it.
**SIGH** Guess we gotta move and get a place where I can have a huge multi-vehicle garage...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.