Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

The "Whatever" thread....

654K views 17K replies 115 participants last post by  Wigit 
#1 · (Edited)
Post whatever's on your mind, photos you want to show off... you know, whatever... keep it clean wigit:stirpot:

#84 ·
Mowing the lawn is always the last resort....

#85 ·
What a fantastic day for riding, at least in my area. A little windy but bright, clear and cool.

#86 ·
Dark nasty clouds and very windy here.... hope tomorrow's better!

#87 ·
Wet and wild here.

#89 ·
Yeah, but how was the weather? Pay attention man!

Reactions: mjklaser
#90 ·
There is a yellow fire ball in the sky this morning that I haven't seen in a while. The neighbors roof peeled back a little and a house up the street had two trees fall. One totalled their shed and the other is now in the kitchen. We, on the other hand, faired very well. Roof was leaking a bit in the bathroom but that's it. Was about time for a roof and now this confirms it. Internet (DSL) is out as well. Guess no mods for us for a bit, but that's ok. Thank you Lord!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

#92 ·
Glad all is well!

#91 ·
Glad to hear you're safe RJ

#93 ·
Thanks guys! I did find a casualty in the yard. My Cycle Shell that I have the scooter in was torn up bad. It had a tear in it, and now it's finished off. Not a big deal. I can replace just the top as the frame and bottom are fine. Riding in this morning (where did summer go!), many places are still without power. It was pretty dark in certain sections. I hope all those folks are ok. Bad flooding south of me in Spring Lake and Fayetteville.

#94 ·
I heard on the news this morning that the flooding down east could be worse than when Floyd came through in '99 because of the rain that dropped in higher elevations... be careful down there!

#95 ·
We have a small 'stream' that is coming out of the asphalt in front our mailbox. Hope this drains off soon.

#96 ·
Paper said I 95 closed in 4 sections in NC. Hope y'all come through relatively unscathed.

#97 ·
Seeing how Olivia is still without power, I was kinda hoping that Sanford was out, too. Would have the day off. But by the time I got here I was a tad bit cold. What's the wind chill for 75mph at 45 degrees? Something tells me it's way south of my favorite riding temp...

#98 ·
75 mph at 45 degrees mathematically equals too damn cold!!!

#99 ·
I got the brakeaway throttle lock for my birthday... maybe I'll get it installed this week and test it out this weekend!

#105 ·
Take your time installing it. It may take a minute or two to tweek it but then you're gonna love it on a long and lonesome highway
East of Omaha
You can listen to the engine
Moanin' out his one note song
You can think about the woman
Or the girl you knew the night before
But your thoughts will soon be wandering
The way they always do
When you're ridin' sixteen hours
And there's nothin' much to do
And you don't feel much like ridin',
You just wish the trip was through...click that baby on and go 16 more!

#102 ·
Finally heard from my brother who lives and works in Fayetteville. He works at the post office and sent me a pic of the parking lot. You can see just the top of cars in the parking lot. The plant manager's car was carried away by the river and hasn't been seen since. Dang. That would explain why the mail stopped coming.

#103 ·
Got my new shock bushings today...

#104 ·
Does anyone know if you can still order the vtx patches?

#110 ·
Canadian Thanksgiving was perfect at the cottage.
Weather was awesome, sunny and just cool enough to be Fall Thanksgiving.
Lake was mirror calm.
Local marina was having an open house with free Octoberfest sausage on a bun and free Muskoka Craft Brewery beer....
Family and friends around the table.
A little boating, a little beer, a little BBQ
Turkey, ham, stuffing, garlic mashed, gravy, squash, rolls, broccoli and cheese sauce, great wine.
3 homemade pumpkin pies and whipped cream.
Great weekend

That is all.....

#111 ·
Gary, Gary, Gary. You didn't invite any of us! WE ALL like to eat, too!

#113 ·
You can search Ebay, etc. for someone who has leftovers or is getting rid of all VTX stuff. Or take a pic or drawing to ANY vendor who does shirts, decals, embroidery, etc. and they can make anything you want.

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak
#115 ·
Get off your phone

Since this is the "Whatever" thread... I wanna vent...

Text Font Signage Sign Banner

I am completely sick and tired of morons always on their phones while behind the wheel! I'd say they keep using their phones while driving, but they're not driving - they're SUCKING!!!

Things people do with their cars because their stupid phones are so important to them (in no particular order)...
  • Fail to STOP when they should - running through red lights, stop signs, yield signs, occupied crosswalks, over the top of motorcyclists, into other objects, etc.....
  • Fail to GO when they should - sitting still at green lights, forcing my hand to press the horn in that @$$#01e manner because I don't feel like sitting through another red light
  • Weaving out of their lanes like a drunk driver who's asleep - seriously, I watched this one moron use up both sides of the yellow lines AND the bike lane on the shoulder
  • Driving off the road - (this one's my favorite, but only when no one else is involved) - I've had the pleasure of watching one moron launch their POS car into the air as it hit a culvert. The landing gave the car a slightly noticeable "U" shape, clearly bending the uni-body construction to the point of unrepairable. They were not injured but obviously shocked at what happened. After pulling over and helping them out of the car, I smiled like an @$$#01e and said sarcastically "Do you need a phone to call someone? Oh wait, I KNOW you have one!"
  • Being COMPLETELY oblivious to everything and everyone around them. This leads to slow speeds, high speeds, weaving, missing turns, all sorts of shenanigans!

I don't understand it, really. There is absolutely NOTHING that is so important that you need to deal with it WHILE you are driving! Ignore it for 15 minutes or freakin' PULL OVER for one little minute!

Road Vehicle Mode of transport Lane Car

(not my pic, found on Google images)

#116 ·
January of last year I was hit after I was leaving the VA hospital. A woman in a minivan with 4 kids and on the phone. Turned left right in front of me. I saw it coming so I was able to get my speed down, from 35 mph, and all I could was lean hard left. She hit my right leg and tore up my saddlebag and rear turn signal and scuffed up the engine and transmission cases and front sprocket cover. I didn't even go down, a complete miracle, but she spun the back end around to the left which really put me back upright. It happened so fast it wasn't funny. After I realized I wasn't dead, I looked around for her and there the minivan was in the middle lane, the one for turning both right/left. I called 911 and they were there in like 90 seconds. It was waaaaay fast. I still didn't see the woman so I walked up to the window and there she was still on the phone. I asked her why she didn't get out to she if I was ok, and I kid you not, she said: "I'm not done with my phone conversation". I was stunned. If this happened back in my drunk days I would have beat her senseless for that totally uncaring remark. I'm not like that now but man was I mad. I just walked back to my bike to see the damage and try to get it running again. I told the cops what she said and DID NOT do, like you are SUPPOSED to do, and they said they would handle it. It turns out that 2 weeks prior a biker died in a collision not far from where I was and they came running really fast to try to save me, thinking the worst. I didn't have a scratch not even a bruise from where the van hit my leg. God saved me from injury. No doubt in my mind about that. That incident has cemented in my mind that people just don't care about people. If you are in their way they will run you over. It is sickening, but here we are. When I see people doing junk like texting I blast my horn at them and wave a finger. If they give me the look like "screw you" I get their tag number and give it to the cops. I have also found that when I'm carrying a gun in the open people tend to not give me that look. Anyway...yes it's pathetic what these folks are doing.

#117 ·
january of last year i was hit after i was leaving the va hospital. A woman in a minivan with 4 kids and on the phone. Turned left right in front of me. I saw it coming so i was able to get my speed down, from 35 mph, and all i could was lean hard left. She hit my right leg and tore up my saddlebag and rear turn signal and scuffed up the engine and transmission cases and front sprocket cover. I didn't even go down, a complete miracle, but she spun the back end around to the left which really put me back upright. It happened so fast it wasn't funny. After i realized i wasn't dead, i looked around for her and there the minivan was in the middle lane, the one for turning both right/left. I called 911 and they were there in like 90 seconds. It was waaaaay fast. I still didn't see the woman so i walked up to the window and there she was still on the phone. I asked her why she didn't get out to she if i was ok, and i kid you not, she said: "i'm not done with my phone conversation". I was stunned. If this happened back in my drunk days i would have beat her senseless for that totally uncaring remark. I'm not like that now but man was i mad. I just walked back to my bike to see the damage and try to get it running again. I told the cops what she said and did not do, like you are supposed to do, and they said they would handle it. It turns out that 2 weeks prior a biker died in a collision not far from where i was and they came running really fast to try to save me, thinking the worst. I didn't have a scratch not even a bruise from where the van hit my leg. God saved me from injury. No doubt in my mind about that. That incident has cemented in my mind that people just don't care about people. If you are in their way they will run you over. It is sickening, but here we are. When i see people doing junk like texting i blast my horn at them and wave a finger. If they give me the look like "screw you" i get their tag number and give it to the cops. I have also found that when i'm carrying a gun in the open people tend to not give me that look. Anyway...yes it's pathetic what these folks are doing.
amen brother!

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak
#128 ·
From my ride this past Sunday...

[URL]