Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Clutch Adjustment....HELP

16K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Nerd Boy 
#1 ·
Does Anyone know how to adjust the hydraulic clutch on the 1800's? My clutch is almost 3/4 of the way out before it starts to grab, and me no likey. Is there a way I can "bring it in" or due to it being hydraulic am I just stuck? :confused:
Any advice would be much appreciated.

#2 ·
The clutch has no adjustment, but you can buy aftermarket levers that are adjustable.

#3 ·
you may need to bleed it as well.. bleeder valve is under the rear left side chrome cover.

#6 ·
There are 2 'seperate' items that need to be bled on the clutch.

1. master and line
2. slave cylinder.

a vacuum bleeder won't 100% effectivley bleed the slave, only the master and line.

Old school bleeding method works on the slave,,

build pressure, hold, open bleeder, fluid/air in the slave is pushed out by the clutch springs, close bleeder, release lever. repeat

#8 ·
I have almost 5000 miles on it and it is the stock clutch. It has been this way ever since I bought it (used with 3000 miles). The only reason why it bothers me is I ride a bike at work that the clutch engages about 1-3 of the way out and, it is getting old having to adjust from bike to bike. It's usually not a big deal until I need to do a u turn in a parking lot or something like that and when the bars are at full lock to the right or left the difference in the clutch between the two bikes really rears it's ugly head.
Ill look into the clutch bleeding though, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.