Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Hate Woods Fun Center... Looking for an honest Austin bike shop

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PaXman11 
#1 ·
Woods employees really don't seem to know what they're doing. Now I'm sure that's going to piss some people off me saying that but its the truth in my experience.
I'd really like to find a full service shop I can TRUST my bike with. My bike is beautiful and it runs great. I'd like to keep it that way.

I recently brought my VTX to The Horsepower Farm on South Lamar and I have to say it was a good experience for me. I had my doubts seeing as they seemed to only have scooters and classic out front and in the shop. And when I came in two of the staff (one of them the owner I Think... not sure) were just sitting on their computers. Not working on bikes. Though there were A lot of them there....
They seemed to shoo me along as if they were busy. I left my bike there anyway. Partly because it was raining out and really didn't want to ride to another shop.

Anyways, I'm going on and on about them... get to the points right?
So I brought it in to have the carbs cleaned. The bike had been sitting for two months while I was in Asia.
Afterwards when I'd hit the highway the bike would cut in n out as if it wasn't getting any fuel at times. But only when cruising at around 55-65 mph.
I told them about it as well as a vacuum problem I was having with my butterfly's on the hypercharger.
Regardless to say they charged me $70 because all it was was a vacuum leak. They fixed it and it runs better than ever (although I did like the popping sounds through the pipes during deacceleration before lol)

He could have easily charged me more and just told me he did the carb clean but he did not. He even made a point to say "I'm not going to simply take your money if it was just a smaller problem to begin with. If it needs something more just let me know but I believe I fixed your problem."

Awesome.

Have any of you experienced this shop???
Also I've heard good things about Flash Motorbikes on Burnet. Any feedback on them???
Where do you take your bike?

See less See more
#3 ·
4-1/2 years later? Good luck.

Reactions: Sylvanus' Pilot
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.