Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Where's the Wiring Harness?

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Grant 
#1 ·
I have an '06 1300C, and I have seen pictures of the wiring harness, but I don't know where it is. I plan on connecting "Priority Lites", which turn the rear turn signals into running lights and brake lights in addition to turn signals. I normally have a shop install them, but you guys are so knowledgeable, I feel I can do it myself with a little help from my "X" friends.

#2 ·
The wire harness begins from the headlight to the ICM (the little box above the battery. That cable supply AC to all the devices. It is running from the side of the tank 'til reach the electric session (fuse box). If you plan to supply AC from an specific item, let us know. I can give you the color code of the cable that you will need.
PD
I am planning to scan in high definition the wire diagram from the service manual tomorrow. With the diagram, you will have the ability to do the electrical thing with no problems. PM me with your email. I will send you back a PDF doc.

#5 ·
O.K. all the wires you should need for that are beneath the right side cover.
There will be a large black boot where all the connections for the rear lights are. It should be zip tied to the frame....the left frame rail when looking in the right side cover...in front of the rear fender.
Here are the color codes:
Green / yellow - Brake
Brown - Running
Blue - Right turn signal
Orange - Left turn signal
3 solid greens are all grounds

#7 ·
Yep, won't be a difficult job at all thanks to that info. I replaced my rear turn signals with some Kury Silver Bullets and it is very easy. One word of advice--check your local laws to ensure you have the proper color on your lenses/bulbs/led's, etc. that you are putting in. A lot of states require that if you're using your rear turn signals in dual purpose as running lights that they are red (not amber).

#12 ·
Shutterbug said:
I disagree with the no helmet law. I think helmets save lives, and lower insurance premiums. No one complains about wearing a seat belt, why complain about wearing a helmet?
Yeah, I think riding without a helmet should require an additional insurance policy or some other method to assure tax payers don't incur additional financial burdens if the rider winds up brain dead, on life support, or otherwise dependant on the public. I think it's fine if people want to ride without helmets but the public shouldn't be responsible to take care of them. I also think turn signals shouldn't be required if hand signals are used. I assume hand signals are required in Florida if you don't have signals on your motorcycle? I wonder how many people in other states (where motorcycle signals are required) know what hand signals are? When I was a kid (in CA) and took my drivers test, demonstration of hand signals was required. Boy, I'll bet that dates me! http://*************/bb/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif

Attachments

#13 ·
********* said:
Yeah, I think riding without a helmet should require an additional insurance policy or some other method to assure tax payers don't incur additional financial burdens if the rider winds up brain dead, on life support, or otherwise dependant on the public.
Sure...yeah - that’s fine as long as we treat everybody equally.
Smokers should be required to carry additional insurance. CANCER
Fat people as well...HEART ATTACK
Ought to give an IQ test and have stupid people carry it. Why should I have to pay for Larry lung cancer, Heart attack Harry, or Stupid Earnest shoots self in head while cleaning gun????

Personally - I think the government ought to just mind it's own damn business.
We waste more money on bridges to nowhere and fat-cat bureaucratic pensions than any amount of brain dead riders. Give me a break.

PS – I do wear a helmet…I support choice.

#15 ·
Shutterbug said:
I agree with both of you, and yes, *********, I know the hand signals too!
Riders who don't wear a lid should pay more in insuranse than those of us who use them every day.
I still think everyone, especially motorcycle riders should know hand signals. If I think someone isn't paying attention and may not notice my turn signals, I always use hand signals in addition to my blinkers. Nothing worse than a car pulling directly in front of you! :(

:hmm2: What do you think of illegal novelty helmets?
I think they are worthless but hey, helmets have saved my life several times over the years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.