Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Utah Rides

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  kallis222 
#1 ·
I've had some inquiries about Utah so I put this route together for those thinking about coming to Utah.This route, IMHO probably has the best riding and scenery that can be found in Utah.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for high temperatures, wind, cold, snow, road construction, bad food, high gas prices, crappy motel rooms, or state owned liquor stores!

Here's the link:http://goo.gl/maps/1XxWa

Kanab, Panguitch, Torrey, Moab, and Green River all have several motels to choose from. I highly recommend getting the annual National Parks Pass http://pass.usparkpermits.com, you can see at least 5 on this ride.
Note: If you are pulling a camper trailer, I do not recommend Broken Bow RV Park and cabins in Escalante. Gas is not generally a problem but it is 124 miles between Hanksville and Blanding, so get gas either place.
Some have mentioned coming in late August and early Sept., be aware it can be cold in the higher elevations(Bryce Canyon and or UT 12 to Torrey) so bring the snivel gear, warmies, gerbings, whatever ya call it. Better to have and not need. Also please stay hydrated. If you are a stargazer, Natural Bridges National Monument(F) is one of the best places in the world to do it.

See less See more
#2 ·
I can attest to the incredible scenery on much of this route. In about 2007 my wife and I flew to Vegas, rented a car and took some of this route while visiting all five of the national parks in southern Utah and Dead Horse Point. The parks were all great and the drives between them, even I70 were also incredible. Highway 12 from Bryce to Capital Reef was especially awesome. It felt like every 5 miles we left one planet and arrived at another. The scenery changed that much and that many times on this road.

Dead Horse Point is a real hidden gem. Imagine the Grand Canyon but half as large. Heck it is even the same river (Colorado) running through the bottom. You could see the bottom better at DHP than at the Grand Canyon. You could see the river better. You could see across the canyon better. I enjoyed DHP 100 times more than the Grand Canyon.

G'day,

Vinish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.