Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Vance and Hines (Big shots or Long shots?)

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ch149911 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I have a 2008 VTX 1300R. I'm having pipes put on tomorrow. I want a little more power with lots of noise. I have narrowed it down to the Vance and Hines Big shots. I will be installing saddlebags next week. Basically are the Big Shots the pipes to go with for the noise and power and will the length be ok with saddlebags? Rob

#2 ·
I have Bigshots, they're plenty low for saddlebags, and the length is a matter of preference. I like them, they sound good and actually have a bit of a "snap" to them. I put the quiet baffle in them over winter to quiet them down for the early mornings leaving home, but they still sound good, just a little lower note "throaty" and a bit quieter (less of a crack). Performance wise, they with the BAK is very noticeable in power and responsiveness.

#5 ·
On an R, I would go with the longest pipes you can get for the look of the long swept pipe. Goes well with the R IMO. the shorter pipes look good on the C's. Sportier look. Sound difference isn't very drastic.

#8 ·
have any of you done the pair valve mod or scar mod to adjust the fuel flow to compensate for the airflow change?
i have big shots coming tomorrow for my 08 1300 and i ordered a kn high flow airfilter and im thinking i need to adust the fuel with either re jetting or one of the other fuel mods??????what are the advantages of the pair valve and scar mods??????/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.