Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Headlight projector retrofit

14K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  anderson930 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I have been doing searches all day on projectors for the VTX 1300 and have had no luck. Is there anyone here that has done this retrofit or has seen it online that can provide a link. I tried the forum search and came back empty handed. I do retrofits on cars and this being my first motorcycle, the mod bug striked and headlights is first on the list. IF there is no one that has done this I will look into tackling the project here and post a DIY as soon as I knock it out (with plenty of pictures). I just need more information on what parts to use before I do it blindly from what I already know on car headlights. Thanks for reading and input.

#32 ·
It works really good, adjustment did not change at all because of the use of the original housing.
After installing it and turned on I went for a ride and compared to stock they are much better and the cutoff line is beautiful I need adjust a little higher I'll see if I can snap a picture tonight.
The bulb changes to an H1 from an H4

The dim picture was fixed on my phone to be able to see the projector lighted, the other one is a normal view from the Phone
apparently cars could see me better I notice in their behavior

Attachments

#39 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.