Supercharger? do they make them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger? do they make them?

Supercharger? do they make them?

Ok. I know most of you guys are dead set against doing something crazy to get more power out of your bikes, and I know I am probably going to catch some slack from this. But… Here it goes… I am trying to put a supercharger on the bike. First, I think superchargers are pretty badass looking, but the extra power is what I am shooting for. Problem is, I can’t seem to find them for metric cruisers. They have them for Harley’s, but that seems to be about it. I have seen a few pictures of people with some pretty sweet bikes on this website, and am wanting to know if anyone has fitted a supercharger. And if so, where from and how? After that, I am wanting to put a big bore kit and a bigger cam, but I am wanting a supercharger first… I will tackle the big bore kit and cam at a much later date when I get back from deployment and have cash. all of these "i wants"... its kinda funny...
    I know I must be one of those guys that is a slow learner. No matter how much you guys keep telling me this is not a power cruiser bike, I definitely am trying to create one from it. I am not trying to be daft, but I definitely like my bike and would like it more if I had more power. It kinda gets under my skin like an irritating splinter.
    Thanks for the help!

Luco

Bassdude404 is offline The guitar, not the fish!
    Ohio Riders Group
    Michigan Riders Group
    Indiana Riders Group
    Illinois Riders Group
    Last fall, jen and I went to a Quaker Steak and Lube, and there just happened to be about 200 or so bikes in the lot for a benefit that was going on in the back lot....We were leaving and there was a Harley parked next to us with a Magnacharger supercharger on it.....That thing was totally badass!!!!....He started it up, and was the coolest sounding bike I've ever heard....Deep rumbly pipes, and that blower whine...Enough to get a guy really excited!!!...

Exactly. That is what I am wanting with this bike. There has to be a way… They have had vtx’s out for how many years (since 02’ or so… right??), and no one has put a supercharger on it yet? There has to always be that first idiot that goes beyond the bounds of reality and try it... (normally that guy gets killed... but for the sake of posterity I think we should leave that part out)

Luco

We all have dreams and desires for our scoots but I doubt, and I may be wrong, the VTX motor is stout enough to handle a blower or even nitrous. Most bikes I've seen with radical motors are well over 100 cubes to begin with and have major valve train and bottom end upgrades. They spent more on their motors than any of us did for our entire bike. Just my 2 cents but let us know what you find out from your end.

-PJ

See, how I see it is it doesn’t have to put out the 30psi the superchargers I was looking at produce. In all actuality, I am not looking for an 80 bhp gain, 40 would suit me just fine with that mod. The only problem I am facing is they don’t make them at all…. They seem to make them for every auto except the one that you own. That sucks… hee hee

Luco

Here is a quote from an article online about supercharged bikes. Pretty much what I thought myself.
    -PJ

"If I can suggest, when you spend $4,800 to $5,200.00 on the actual supercharger and the cost of an expert technician to install and tune, it sure would be a sad day if the valves and pistons could not handle the new power and blow up. So Larry and I agree that when installing an application such as this, you must start with higher performance valves, pistons and rings. You will be glad you did and farther ahead down the street or track. "

Good luck,
    I agree with the rest. You have to have the parts to handel the blower.
    Check with HP shops to see what you would have to do. You would need to Mod. you enginge to take may bee the HD blower. The old saying,speed cost money,how fast do you want to go ?

Bassdude404 is offline The guitar, not the fish!
    Ohio Riders Group
    Michigan Riders Group
    Indiana Riders Group
    Illinois Riders Group
    Quote Originally Posted by PJsVTX View Post
    Here is a quote from an article online about supercharged bikes. Pretty much what I thought myself.
    -PJ

"If I can suggest, when you spend $4,800 to $5,200.00 on the actual supercharger and the cost of an expert technician to install and tune, it sure would be a sad day if the valves and pistons could not handle the new power and blow up. So Larry and I agree that when installing an application such as this, you must start with higher performance valves, pistons and rings. You will be glad you did and farther ahead down the street or track. "
    Yeah, when Pontiac started bolting blowers on top of the 3800's in the Grand Prix's, they had to really beef up the rest of the motor and transmission to handle the extra power created by the blower....And they had a buttload of $$$$ to play with for R&D....In the latest issue of "Baggers" magazine, they have either a Streetglide, or Roadglide (I think it's a Roadglide) on the cover with a centrifugal supercharger bolted on it....Really cool bike...But HD has a specialty division that develops speed parts for their V-Twins, where the Japanese companies put their racing $$$ into the sportbikes...Like was previously siad...Somebody's always the first dude to try it.....You gonna use your ride as the guinea pig????....

That’s the goal to use it as a guinea-pig if I have too.
    Luco

supercharger or not 2 supercharge

There is an article on www.motorcyclecruiser.com where they took a vtx and put a turbo on it. No internal motor up grades done just the turbo and it cost them $12000. Hope the article gives you some info that you can use

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information