Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Mobile Maintenance In the Raleigh Area?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Baker6x6 
#1 ·
Anyone know of any qualified people in the Raleigh area that will do mobile maintenance? I have a VTX 1300 that has sat for some time. I changed the oil/filter, but it won't keep running even after warmed up without the choke. As soon as you try to ease it off or use throttle it dies.

#3 ·
First off, let me say that I am not a certified bike mechanic. But, I have been working on bikes (I rode my 1983 XJ750 for 27 years), engines, old cars, garden tractors, 2-stroke boat motors etc... since I was 7 years old (I'm 55)
I have had my own restoration shop since 1994. (www.raylinrestoration.com) There's not a whole lot I'm not capable of fixing. I have had my own '07 1300R since last February (2014)... and have dug into it a little bit. I have also read a lot of technical info posted here and on YouTube. If you can wrench at all, most things are fairly straightforward to repair.

Having said all that... My shop is located in Kernersville, NC... about an hour West on I-40.
I have a truck and trailer, and would be willing to come take a look (repair/advise if possible at your location), pick it up, or have you bring it to me. Cost will not be anywhere near "dealer" pricing. Of course, I can't do this sort of thing for free.. but cover expenses and make it worth the trip and I'm willing to help.
PM me if interested.

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.