Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

SCRC Big River Tribe ride to Ste Gen. Jour De Fete

4K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Goldenlion 
#1 ·
The Big River Tribe Chapter of Southern Cruisers Riding Club is planning a ride from Benton, MO to Ste Genevieve this Saturday for their Jour de Fete. SHould be a great day of fun, food and festivities for the whole family. Meet at the Benton exit of I-55 (#80) Boomland -- 9:00 a.m. fuel up, coffee up(!). 9:30 Kickstands up. We'll ride hwy 61 through Jackson, Fruitland, Longtown, Perryville St. Mary to Ste Genevieve. Spend a few hours, then come back on the Illinois side of the mighty Mississip.

Similarly, Gateway Southern Cruisers is planning a run from St. Louis to Ste. Genevieve for the Jour de Fete -- we'll meet up with them there. They'll ride the Missouri side down, and the Illinois side back to the 'Lou'

For more info contact me at Congaman1969@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Conga, First Officer, Big River Tribe (Chapter 295) Southern Cruisers Riding Club
or
Big Un j.hillier@odinsys.com, First Officer, Gateway Southern Cruisers, St. Louis area

#2 ·
UPDATE
We haven't heard from anyone south of Sikeston, so Big Poppy and I have worked out two start points for the ride tomorrow.
1. The Rhodes stop in Chaffee at 9:00 a.m.
2. The Rhodes stop in Fruitland at 9:30

We will ride Hwy 61 to Ste GEnevieve and reconnoiter with the Gateway Southern Cruisers Chapter at the McDonalds at 706 Ste Genevieve Drive (Hwy 61) about 11:00 a.m. They are bringing about 7 bikes and we are bringing 4 at last count. Of course you are welcome to join us at either of the start points and times above!

Looks like perfect weather! I'm hoping that we spend a good couple of hours in Ste Gen, then take the ferry across to the IL side and come back south on the IL side of the Mighty Mississip, if everyone feels up to it.
Hope to see you tomorrow.
Be safe in everything you do,
Conga, First Officer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.