Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Batwing

5K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Schooner44 
#1 ·
Very shortly I plan to order a Memphis Shades Batwing for my 2005 VTX1300 R.

It already has a Memphis Shades wind shield on it, does this mean I only need the brackets that attach to the fairing and they will work with the ones that are bolted to the bike?

Who has the best deal on these? I have ordered from J&P in the past with good luck. It there a better source?

Please feel free to spoon feed me the parts numbers I need!

#2 ·
#4 ·
I looked up some part numbers and the mounting hardware for the batwing, sportshield and the fats/slim all have different part numbers. You might contact them and see what they have to say

http://www.memphisshades.com/application-charts/honda/batwing-fairing
http://www.memphisshades.com/application-charts/honda/sportshields
http://www.memphisshades.com/application-charts/honda/memphis-fats-slim

By the way, I have an S6 with a cedar top.
I played my S6 tonight at Church, its a canon! Thanks for the numbers.

#3 ·
Can't help you with part #'s. But I have a MS shield 21" with a quick release and I acquired a MS Batwing when I bought the 2nd X that also has a quick release and they swap out. So they are the same on the fork side, if the Batwing comes with the hardware on the batwind side you won't need to buy the parts for the fork side.

#5 ·
I got a good deal on my MS Batwing from Phat Performance I called them and asked for their best price it was better than the Internet price this may also work with other vendor when you call , cost you nothing to try.

#9 ·
if anyone wants, i have a guy here local that was selling a ms batwing (bike side only) for under 200.. Never had it mounted. If anyone wants it, i'll track him down and see if he still has it.
seagull you read that??

#12 · (Edited)
I certainly don't mean to hijack this thread, but if someone had told me what I'm about to say a few years ago, it would have saved me many hundreds of dollars. I bought (and was very pleased with) a MS batwing. Then I added an audio unit (Hogtunes), specifically made for the MS. Finally, I sold the MS batwing and replaced it with a Wide Open Customs fairing (pictured), including a four- speaker audio setup.... Sattelite, AM, FM, SD card, etc. I'm only suggesting that you make really sure that you have no intention in going beyond the basic MS faring setup. If you decide to "upgrade" later, it'll cost ya. Just my 2 cents.

BTW, the WOC fairing uses the MS batwing "quick disconnect" hardware.

#13 ·
Tomkat, your not the only one to change fairing for audio reasons, and your right, it can be a pricey mistake. The bike that I got my Batwing from also had a Honda Digital Audio system on it and I took that off too (along with the highway bars, rear floorboards that are now on my bike. Mustang seat and spoke wheels that are up for sale). I like that system because it blends in with the bike and it changes volume as the speed increases.. but I digress.

Not everyone wants tunes when they ride.

#17 ·
I had a MS batwing on my old bike and it served it's purpose because I used it for a basic setup. The MS fairing with paint, tunes and the hardware is gonna put you at the same price as a Reckless or Woodys fairing. Just make sure you weigh all your options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.