Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

GPS windshield mount

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Gunmetal 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That's cool looking. I like, but then I'd have to relocate my tool bag on my risers. Hmmmm.

#4 ·
Not a GPS mount, but I mounted a Camera (go-pro) mount just under the crossbrace of my windshield.
Yes, I drilled holes through the Lexan, but I used rubber washers on each side, and didn't crank down on the bolts real hard.
It is well out of visual range- so it doesn't get in the way of looking through the windshield.
The only thing it blocks seeing is the top of the headlight bucket.

I'll try to post a pic when I get home

#5 ·
This isn't a windshield mount but a handlebar mount like the one I have. You can find them on eBay for next to nothing and with the finger screw on them you can literally install it or remove it from your handlebars in less than a minute. I leave mine in my bag until I use my GPS, then I put it on the bars. A few seconds later I'm ready to pop on the GPS and ride. When I'm done I just pop it right back off and remove the mount, into the bag it goes. Just trying to give you some other options that allow you to not permanently mount it to the bars.

#8 ·
Yes, Baron's 4"rise and 1.5 pull back.
Well we have the choice of cluttering up the handle bars with the gps or the windshield, I like the look of the clean bars.
I have my gps and radar wires in a loom tube going to under seat and the acc fuse block so I don't have the ugly cigarette plug ports up front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.