Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Ignition coil upgrade, wires and spark plug boots 4 questions.

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Little John 
#1 ·

I am a little new to riding and could use a little help with finding parts. Last year I bought a 2007 VTX 1300C and I am thinking about installing a hot ignition coil and 8mm plug wires. The bike has a hypercharger and aftermarket pipes with a jet kit. I am thinking that installing a hot coil and gaping the plugs wider will help the bike run a bit stronger. However, I cannot find a hot coil for my bike anywhere only OEM coils and wires. Can anyone help me find a good set of coils and wires? Also, I am a car guy and not very knowledgeable about bike parts, so I am unsure about bike coils. In other words, the voltage rating the same as cars like 35,000-50,000 volts? And what is a dual fire coil?
Lastly, I tore one of my OEM plug boots, and the only ones I can find for a 2007 VTX 1300 are the OEM rubber boots and I would like to buy some of the more durable aftermarket ones. I really do not want to spend $16.00 on the OEM boots. Can anyone help me find a good set of aftermarket boots that will fit my bike? The plug boots are what I need most I can live without the coils and wires.

Thanks for the help.

#5 ·
Thanks for the help, I am going to try MDS, but I have looked and called places like J&P cycle and no luck. J&P had boot but the guy told me they are ot specifically for my bike and may or may no fit. The problem I believe I may have is, the boots thread o to the wires.

L J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.