Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

For Sale: Combo Tie-Down/Wheel Stabilizer

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  anderson930 
#1 ·
Cambridge Metals and Plastics Pro Series. Heavy Duty. Better than excellent condition - used only 4-5 times - stored in garage most of time. For full sized pick-ups. Prevents front wheel from turning and allows extra hooks for tie down security. Bolts to front of pick-up box at any height to clear even lowest fenders. Will accommodate 2 smaller bikes or 1 larger. $80.00. Located in Decatur, AL. mayberry4ever@yahoo.com. Can ship at buyers expense but may be costly due to weight. Prefer pick-up by buyer or will work with buyer for delivery if possible. Pix available.

#6 ·
How does one safely get a VTX into the bed of a pickup truck anyway? I have a 2008 Silverado with the 6' bed and I'd love to not have to rent trailers when I need to move it but I don't know of any reliably safe ways to get the thing in there

#8 ·
I know it wouldn't fit with the tailgate up but with the tailgate down I think it would. I haven't actually taken the time to bother measuring because I haven't yet seen a safe way to actually get a full size motorcycle into a truck bed.

#9 ·
I used to put dirt bikes in trucks a lot in my younger days, but not any 800# cruisers. I'm not usually a fan of green bikes for some reason, but your ride is real sharp, I really like your color scheme.

#10 ·
Thanks Bob. It's a custom paint job I worked with BD's Cycles to come up with.

#11 · (Edited)
You'll have to leave the gate down, but the rear wheel sits on the gap so there isn't a large weight on the gate and she rides fine. As far as loading, I could only find 6ft ramps (HF has a set for $90-trifold) I combined the two together side by side for extra strength and wider and built two foot walks of same length of wood. The trick here is the angle, since the bikes are low you have to reduce the angle of the ramp so you don't scrape. Easiest way is find a spot where you can drive the front of the truck up a small hill/berm thus reducing angle.

#12 ·
Yeah I'm just going to stick with the U-Haul cycle trailers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.