Ape Hangers

Thread: Ape Hangers

Ape Hangers

Hello,

I am looking for a good website that I can buy some 14 inch ape hangers with internal wiring and steel braided cables for a 2003 1800 R. Can any one help me with this. Also does any one know of a good place in Austin to get them installed? Thanks in advance

Did you find some 14 in apes? I have been looking too!!

I found the ape hanger but I haven't found anyone to pu them on yet. There is a little block that send some pressure to the rear brake that you have to ensure still does it. I will probable take it to the dealer.

That block you refer to comes with the extended brake line kits. It is a simple "Tee" fitting. I changed the brake lines on my vtx years ago. Very simple.

I think I am going to buy the 13 in high 1.5 Big buffalo bars from http://www.xtremerevolution.com/Stor...id=12137&gvid=

Right now I have Longshot drag bars on mine but I want to change to apes.

I installed a beachbar on my 1800N and looking for braided extended brake line kit...Does anyone know where can I get a kit? THANKS ! ! !

RallyRunner, do you still know the kit part number or where to get it? I have a 39.5" beachbar on my 1800 and need a kit real bad....Thanks

SHiVMan is offline Archive Digger Oklahoma Riders Group
    Kits are sold as a function of "+ x inches over stock" While I have the galfer SS kit, I got from here. I actually recommend the spiegler kits which are available at just about any bike parts store online. The spieglers are better fit & finish IMHO, but are usually $100+ more.
    To figure out what size you need, take a piece of stiff wire and run it the way you want your brake line to go, then compare it to your stock brakes. Anything longer is what you'll order. So if it's 12" longer than the stock piece, you'd order the +12 kit..
    Oh yeah, one more thing, the galfer kit did include the clutch cable, while I think the spieglers clutch line is ala carte' and you're gonna need a new clutch line... Holler at me if you have questions man.

Thanks !

SHiVMan, thanks a lot for the reply and help. I'll get on the subject this week and post pictures later on. By the way awsome looking bike you got! I like the black (mine is silver) too!

So I got some 8" harley risers to bring my handlebars back and got the extended clutch and front brake lines, but don't know where to get extended switch lines? switch lines on right (kill switch & start) are long enough, but the right side lines (bright light & signal) are too short. Anyone have advice...I am by no means an electrician, but can do some DIY.

Thread Information