Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

What pipes should i get?

918 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Beastie Boy 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a 2007 VTX1800F3. All stock, 7000 miles. Would like to put new exhaust on it. A few years ago. I had a 2004 1800C, with BUB exhaust. The difference in power from the 2004 with the BUB pipes, to the new one with stock exhaust is remarkable.
I would like a pipe maybe a little quieter than the BUB (I liked it, but the wife said it was obnoxious). Any suggestions?
Also, the 2004 I purchased with the exhaust already done. What kind of tuning needs to be done when installing new pipes?

#2 ·
With pipes, you usually need nothing done. If you also mess with the air intake (e.g. high flow filter, decap, modified air box, etc.), then you will probably improve the power, lean/rich condition, throttle response, and even fuel mileage with a fuel management system. The 1800 is fuel injected so since there is no carb, the only way to tune it is with a fuel management system.

G'day,

Vinish

#4 ·
If you change pipes, change the exhaust crush gaskets as well, and put a couple flat washers under the acorn nuts. Torque to 17 ft./ lbs. ride 100 mi. and re-torque.

#5 ·
I have Bubs and love them, but the Vance and Hines are a little less raucous, if you want to go that route. Then there are the Cobra Slashdowns or Straights, both og htem sound about the same, and are less loud than the Bubs (IMHO).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.