Tsukayu Fairing question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tsukayu Fairing question

Hiramsaint is offline Deplorable member Georgia Riders Group
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsukayu Fairing question

I was giving the Tsukayu fairing some consideration. It comes with choice of one windshield. 5, 6, 8, or 10''-flat or curved, clear or tinted. How would I know which one would work best for me. They run between $70 and $90 a piece so I'd like to get it right the first time if possible. Anyone with any experience who could chime in would be appreciated. I'm about 5'8'' on a 1300 S if that's any help. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    If its any help I'm 5'7 and the 8on windshield actually works best. I like the 10in but I have to look through the windshield. Most people will tell you the windshield's top edge should be about 2in below you nose.

But hey, whatever you get you can always replace it with a high quality Long Ride Shield for about %40 which in my opinion is on of the best shields made. They typically run well over $100, but they constantly run 50, 60, and 70% off sales.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzy7 View Post
    If its any help I'm 5'7 and the 8on windshield actually works best. I like the 10in but I have to look through the windshield. Most people will tell you the windshield's top edge should be about 2in below you nose.

But hey, whatever you get you can always replace it with a high quality Long Ride Shield for about %40 which in my opinion is on of the best shields made. They typically run well over $100, but they constantly run 50, 60, and 70% off sales.
    Many thanks! Are you still holding that Corbin seat?

4. Remove Advertisements
    VTX Cafe
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzy7 View Post

It's my understanding that the top of the windshield should be inline to the tip of nose seated on bike. Now, this rule is with a conventional windshield and might not apply to the fairing windscreen.Wishing you well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneydriver View Post
    It's my understanding that the top of the windshield should be inline to the tip of nose seated on bike. Now, this rule is with a conventional windshield and might not apply to the fairing windscreen.Wishing you well.
    I stand corrected, you are correct its the tip of the nose when seated.

Post Thanks / Like
    So then, I would have to know where the fairing stands when mounted on the bike. Thanks for the help guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my tsukayu fairing for my 2006 VTX with color match and the paint job was outstanding. I got mine with an 8 inch fairing and is right at nose level for me, I am 5'7" but I took a lot of measurements before I ordered mine. I am thinking about going with a 6 inch curved from the same company. The quality of the entire set up fairing, stereo and speakers is outstanding and it only took three weeks from ordering to receiving the fairing via UPS. excellent packaging and no damage. Now the bad, they send me a new version of the mounting bracket that is pretty cool but the problem I am having is that the instructions included with the fairing are for the old mounting bracket and I have not been able to figure out how to mount the fairing using all the hardware included. I can possibly mount the fairing my own way but don't want to risk loosing my fairing if I hit a bump. I contacted the company for an entire week asking for the new instructions and every time they tell me they are working on it. So if any of your guys out there have the new mounting bracket for VTX and know how to mount the fairing using all the hardware included please share the info with me. If you need more information on the fairing or pictures please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    As stated before, long ride makes. Great aftermarket shield and they run coupon codes all the time basically. Can go wrong with one of their shields. I don't have that fairing, but the stealth off eBay. I'm 5'7" with about a 28" inseam. I have a 9" long ride on my bike now but have ordered an 8". Haven't installed it yet but I think it will help with looking through the shield on ocassion. With the recurved edge a 9" is more than enough. That's why when they offered 70% off o ordered an 8". Can't beat it for $60 after shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there,
    New to forums. No idea what I'd doing but I also have the 06 VTX 1800T and was considering the Tsukayu Batwing with gps and stereo package. Can anyone speak to the quality, shipping time, mounting difficulty regarding this?
    They would be shipping to Canada and I've read a few reviews where purchasers thought something fishy was going on with this company and cancelled their orders.
    It's encouraging to see some of you have purchased from them though.

Help would be great!

Regards

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JHuggs88 View Post
    Hi there,
    New to forums. No idea what I'd doing but I also have the 06 VTX 1800T and was considering the Tsukayu Batwing with gps and stereo package. Can anyone speak to the quality, shipping time, mounting difficulty regarding this?
    They would be shipping to Canada and I've read a few reviews where purchasers thought something fishy was going on with this company and cancelled their orders.
    It's encouraging to see some of you have purchased from them though.

Help would be great!

Regards

Josh
    I've heard they are good fairings but the billing sometimes can be a problem. Maybe search for a more local Co. Many members use one from USA trailer store and there are a few others too if you use your search bar. Good luck, I had to buy an entire bike to get my fairing but it's also no longer made but was made specifically for the VTX.

100_6884.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information