Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Stay tuned...............

8K views 97 replies 24 participants last post by  Bassdude404 
#1 ·
New/old project coming soon.........:mosh:

#2 ·
Your projects are eagerly anticipated.

#16 · (Edited)
Install of a QA50 engine with drag pipes and apes?

Reactions: Wigit
#18 ·
WINNER, winner, chicken dinner! Well, maybe. Or not.

#15 ·
It's going to be something with spokes and WW's!:stirpot:

#17 ·
Not the VW...It's still sitting here for sale....

Not the tricycle...I really need to get started on that though...

And yeah I did recover the seat on the CB350, but that's not what this is about either...

Not letting the cat out of the bag until I have this thing on my trailer...Been in constant contact with seller over the past couple weeks while I'm putting in some major OT at work, stashing funds for this, and picking it up this coming Saturday...I will say at this point that it has two wheels though...:choppersm

#26 ·
So back in July Jenny and I entered in a bike show up in my hometown of Niles Michigan...And I happened to park next to this.....

Which brought back a ton of memories of me as a kid in the 1970's, thinking these choppers were the coolest thing ever...Which that combined with a few weeks of major overtime at work, I found this on Craigslist....

Saved extra $$ for a few weeks, then yesterday afternoon when Jen got home, we took the Jeep and trailer on an hour road trip...Handed over $1500 and brought it home....

Stopped on the way home for dinner and a cold one....

Tote with some parts...

And home here in the garage...

#28 ·
Oh yeah! It's a great start to a project we'll all watch with anticipation. I like the look of the springer/girder, wheels. A 750? Before my best man went HD 40 yrs. ago, he had a project 750 chop similar.

#35 ·
Yep, SOHC Honda 750 engine....

Looks awesome. This is going to seriously test your fabrication skills but my money says they are up to the challenge. Looking forward to following the build.
Not much fab work needed really....Missing some little stuff though that may or may not be difficult to find...Some of the stuff that is missing I'm kinda glad it is, as it allows me to put some ideas in my head into play from scratch...

Yeah this is one bike that looks cool but I wouldn't want to take it for a 3,000 trip. Great project to round out your collection. Nice. Looking forward to seeing it materialize.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yeah Jenny says "Man that doesn't look very comfy"...I told her, "Well it's not a bike I'm gonna want to ride to the Dragon and back...I have the VTX for that"...just a local area bike, ride it to bike nights/shows, stuff like that...

......like swapping out those handle bars first?
Nope...Handlebars are staying...This is gonna be an authentic, period-correct 1970's style chopper...Skinny back tire, dual rectangle headlights, coffin gas tank, bright green paint (Camaro Synergy green) with lots of flake and bright purple/silver graphics....Along with some other one-off custom touches I have in mind...

#29 ·
Looks awesome. This is going to seriously test your fabrication skills but my money says they are up to the challenge. Looking forward to following the build.

#30 ·
Man that looks sweet.... Looks like a back buster too! LOL... Looking forward to see what you do with her....

#33 ·
......like swapping out those handle bars first?

#36 ·
Rear drum brake?

Looks like an interesting winter project.
You'll probably have it on the road next spring.

#37 ·
Got a small front drum brake in the invader wheel....Seller did some research on it when he got the bike and told me that it's the same parts as a Honda CT70...Not exactly state of the art, but better than no front brake I guess...Definitely gonna be a learning curve with this bike when I get it road-worthy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.