Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

The "Whatever" thread....

654K views 17K replies 115 participants last post by  Wigit 
#1 · (Edited)
Post whatever's on your mind, photos you want to show off... you know, whatever... keep it clean wigit:stirpot:

#4,877 ·
Guess who has recovered from back surgery so well that she is ready for 2-wheel therapy .....???
Congratz to wifey and congratz to husband on a fine detail job.

Reactions: mjklaser
#4,880 ·
Cast rear wheel and spoke front. Is that stock?

Reactions: mjklaser
#4,881 · (Edited)
Yessir!

P. S. ...from 2009 H-D ad:

Packing plenty of power and just the right mix of chrome, the Sportster 1200 Custom stays true to its name. With a new lighter-weight chrome Slotted Disc Cast Aluminum rear wheel, chrome Laced Steel 21-inch front wheel with new fender, chrome engine highlights, chrome handlebar and headlight, and a polished fuel tank console, the 1200 Custom shimmers with style. Forward controls and a pull-back handlebar riser give the rider a cool-for-cruising position in the saddle.

#4,884 ·
It's that time of year again the deer are moving a lot now everyone watch for those critters while out on your bikes and remember they usually travel together and if one crosses the road in front of you most likely there is at least one following. Everyone be safe keep the rubber side down.. I know I've said it before and will most likely say it again.

Ride free ride safe

#4,886 ·
I had one cross the road in front of me this morning I was at a safe distance but I slowed down to about 20 mph because I know they usually travel in pares and sure enough there was another one standing in the weeds wanting to cross the road I just blew the horn and it turned and went the other way thankfully. Sounds like you also have a guardian angle watching out for you and that is a good thing to have in your side

Ride free ride safe

#4,887 ·
this was not dangerous.

riding down a Tree Canopy lined road.. both sides..

in the shade of early morning... I see down the road a little "White" thing about 2 feet above the road.. hopping like...
as I get near and slowed a-lot... it was the back end of a small white tail deer... still with spots... running down the center line. never seen the Mother.

stay Safe out there.

#4,888 ·
I had a deer aim for me once in broad daylight coming back from the beach on my Bonneville. And I mean really aim for me. No matter which way I moved he changed path. It was gonna be death by Triumph for this deer and he meant business. Even almost locking up the wheels slowing down didn't stop him. Finally as I am down to first gear speed he went right in front of me and missed by inches. I was so mad I was gonna run after him and give him some copper coated candy to chew on but he took off fast. Bastard. Those things are evil! I bet he and his friends were on a dare or something. "Let's see how many people we can freak out" or something like that. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Sent From 'The Phone'

#4,889 ·
Wish my wife could ride with me. Been about 3 years. Parkinsons & related leg issues.

#4,890 ·
Wish mine would ride with me again. She still has very vivid memories from the hospital and wonders what would have been her fate had she been on the back of my X. I respect her fears, and that's why I only installed a new rider seat with powder coated fender rack behind it (from Florida).

#4,891 ·
I was lucky..
my wife rode behind me from 1971 to 2003.... first date and first ride for her... we wrecked... she got a broken arm.. me, I lost a little skin...

She rode home on the bike from the hospital, cast/sling and all.... I know she was the one.

in 1987 I totaled my Wing .. I was alone... even after she seeing the totaled bike in person... she got on behind me on the New Wing.

I do miss her being back there... (( at times ))... she never was a big fan of leaning. and the reason I also had sport bikes :)

#4,892 ·
Since 1989, mine has ridden with me twice. She doesn't care for it at all yet allows me my indulgence which I think is great. It also works out well because it's my decompression time and alone time.

Reactions: sumdatx and Wigit
#4,893 ·
since 1989, mine has ridden with me twice. She doesn't care for it at all yet allows me my indulgence which i think is great. It also works out well because it's my decompression time and alone time.
hear hear

#4,896 ·
My old lady picked out the VTX so she could have more room so we can ride together comfortably. She hasn't been on the bike this year yet. Which is fine with me cause she is the worst pillion rider ever to ride with me. Won't sit still even when stopped. One day we are going over because of that and I won't be happy.

Sent From 'The Phone'

#4,914 ·
If I were close enough to that area, I'd rescue that neglected bike!

#4,921 ·
My baby girl and her first car... a far sight better than my first car!

#4,922 ·
Better keep an eye out for them boys, Sean! Cute blonde in a fancy little convertible... I already have nightmares about punk high school boys and my daughters aren't even teens yet.

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak
#4,925 ·
Can she come wash my car?

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak