Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Drank the Kool-Aid and it almost killed me.

6K views 100 replies 22 participants last post by  Beastie Boy 
#1 ·
So several years ago I let several "Friends" talk me into selling my 06 1300R and buy a 05 H****y Fatboy. I didn't love that one, sold it and bought an 07 Ultra. Well after the PITA that turned out to be it's gone now and I am shopping for another VTX.

So looking in my local area there are quite a few VTX1800's for sale as well as 1300's. I loved the looks of my old 1300R so I'm looking for an R, whichever size I settle on. So what do you all think, I was very satisfied with my 1300R, but an 1800 sounds interesting as well. So pros and cons both ways, gas mileage, maintenance etc. Thanks

#42 ·
We used to say get bent. Now I know why.

#43 ·
I just like that science has proven red is the fastest color and we can put this to rest....

#46 ·
You're bike isn't exactly red, isn't it called brandywine or something like that?

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak
#47 ·
Have no clue... I'm partially colorblind! :stirpot:

#49 ·
Well then, puttin' WW's on your bike wouldn't matter all that much to you would it?:stirpot::kidding:

#50 ·
I didn't say I was blind or water headed....:stirpot::bleh:

#51 ·
I'm thinking that the science sounds like any color "bends" the light, and that red simply bends it the fastest.
HOWEVER, everyone knows that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line (no "bends") so the absence of color would be the fastest - hence, BLACK is the fastest [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#52 ·
Absence of color..... to be colorless.... to not be seen... therefore it is unverifiable that your black bike even exists...:16::hmm2:

Reactions: nate6966
#53 ·
The :icon_bs: is getting deep in here....

#58 ·
Dual front discs, better (linked) brake system, better neck bearings, better rear shocks, more room to stretch out (no the frame of the 1300 and 1800 is not the same), EFI, less plastic, torque machine....I've had a 1300 and then 1800 for almost the same amount if time.
Top heavy? At 6' and 225, I'm sure it must be there but even with the fairing up top, I can honestly say I have never noticed it.
And I can trounce my buddy's Vic Cross Country
;) and just about any HD....

#59 ·
My 06 1300R (DAMN I MISS IT) was the Maroon Red and I love that color. But if I happen to find the right 1800R in Black, Silver, Blue, I'm not really stuck on any color. Just looking forward to getting my "new" R and not having to worry about engine heat (a problem here in the desert) and rebuilds at 85K like I did with the HD's.
wngd BTW a VERY SICK VTX, One of the nicest I'v seen.

#64 ·
Blame it on the tablet---sounds like someone who blamed everything on Bush!:icon_yikes:

#65 ·
Ouch....

#67 ·
Haaaaaahahaha!! Nothing beats grossing out the kids!!!

#69 ·
That's not what my cousin max said about her.....

#71 · (Edited)
Really.... ninjas.... they may be deadly hand to hand but certainly not speedy.... ever see Indiana Jones and the temple of doom???:nono::glee::bleh::bleh:

#75 ·
Link works! Wish I could hear it here at work, so I will check it out later. Cool looking bike. 80's?

#78 ·
After seeing SilverF's pic, I would say that's a Ninja poke. Ninja is still around though, so they must have done something right.

#80 ·
The Hurricane name went from 1987 to 1988... it is a CBR1000F... and the CBRxxx is still being made.
in 1989 the US gov-ment tried to Band the Hurricane from being imported to HERE.. look up parts for it.. NO 1989 and 1990 there was a CBR1000 Here.
the CBR1000 at that time was the best (fastest) 1/4 mile drag bike made ( Stock)

most insurance companies would NOT insure one.. so dealers could not sell many.. I paid cash.. and had a Ohio Bond so insurance was not needed.
it held many records till the Kaw 1300 came out.

Reactions: RBull
#81 ·
Sounds like a bad ass bike. I've never had a fast bike like that, but been wanting one lately. No money in the budget for that and that's probably a good thing for me haha

#83 ·
I have owned several "Quick" bikes.. first one I made fast. 1972, a 72 CB750. ( I did this when bike was 3 months old). made it a 850. and many fast parts.
later a VF750F, V4 (Interceptor), became a 900.

these bikes REQUIRE respect... and at times DEMAND IT. and the reason I went to super bike school.. to push it and live.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.