Need advice on sale price for HD bags

Thread: Need advice on sale price for HD bags

Post Thanks / Like

Need advice on sale price for HD bags

Ok here's the deal. I've helped out a HD rider on several occasions and never charged him anything, and never thought about charging him anything, never even crossed my mind. Well a few years ago he bought a new 2012 metallic blue Streetglide. Before he left the dealership he had them order and install extended bags. So he's had the bottom and lids sitting in the boxes the new ones came in since then. I'm not sure what happened, I think his wife made him clean out his garage . Nevertheless, he decided to sale the old bags (he used the hardware on the new bags). When I expressed an interest in them he offered me a deal on them, so to make a long story short. I'm sitting here with a pristine set of HD bags I bought from him at a "good friend" price that I really have no need for and a wife that wants me to clean up our garage So I'm considering selling them instead of letting them sit in my garage in case I ever need to replace the set of bags I already have on my X.

After looking at Ebay it seems the price for a set of bags varies by hundreds of dollars. I've seen the bottom and lids advertised from anywhere from $400 to over $800... I can't figure out why the variance is so large. Nevertheless, I figured I check here first, as I do for all things motorcycle related, to see what you'll thought a reasonable price would be for a set of pristine bags w/o the hardware? Any advice would help.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. They have the chrome bag protectors on the side that wrap around the mid-section (the 3m type) and the plastichrome piece that fits on the bottom w/led run/turn/brake lights. That piece may be stock, but like I said I don't really have a clue about HD parts.

I didn't add a picture because I'm not trying to sale them here. I'm really just trying to figure out what they go for since I know several VTX owners also have HDs.

Hiramsaint is offline Deplorable member Georgia Riders Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    A pic might be helpful just to see what they are so one could see what they are going up against. Someone on here may even be interested in them and make you an offer. Just a thought. When I bought my Mustang bags, it was because of what they looked like and then we dickered on the price from there. I really never have a plan on too many things but if I see something first, it really helps me if I want to move on it. Even a stock photo would be good.

3. ThanksFishingfoolemjak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd guess as long as you make a little profit for your part in the resell, and someone else gets a good deal in getting them from you.

Thread Information