Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

This could be the end of the trike...

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Hiramsaint 
#1 ·
Does anybody else here find this creepy?

Based on technology developed for Honda’s ASIMO robot and its self-balancing scooter called the UNI-CUB, the Honda Riding Assist technology doesn’t use traditional gyroscopes for balance since they can add a lot of weight to a vehicle.

Instead, when the experimental motorcycle Honda has developed is moving at speeds of less than three miles per hour—like when pulling out of a garage or starting and stopping at a street light—the angle of the front fork is automatically lowered to help improve stability. At the same time, minute left and right steering adjustments are automatically made to the front wheel to ensure the motorcycle always maintains its balance—with or without a rider on board.

#2 ·
That's amazing.... I personally wouldn't want one, but for someone like my wife who would like to ride, but has problems with her legs and may or may not be able to stay upright at the stop sign, this is a fantastic way to get out and experience life on 2 wheels.....

As far as artificial intelligence goes though, it is very creepy....

#9 ·
Was recently scrolling thru some Goldwing stuff with an eye open for a 1500 tour box and came across Goldwing trike kits: normal rear two wheels, abnormal front two wheels, and then really out there four wheels. Get a front trike kit for yours and there could be some racin' with Spiderwoman
:icon_cheesygrin::icon_suspicious::icon_yike
No joke, that four wheel trike kit was pretty wild .... Probably only get around 15-20 mpg.

#7 ·
Definitely cutting edge. Could see a lot of useful applications, as noted above. On the other hand, can imagine a lot of arguments about what is a "real" motorcycle, and who is a "real" rider.

Me? I'll just it back and :16:

Vaughn (Munching away!)

#11 ·
I'm a big fan of technology ASSISTING us, not doing it for us. I grew up on a 4-speed VW that sometimes the brakes would fail, and I could still stop the car without plowing into someone. Now we have kids that think they are Superman cause Daddy's car has ABS and traction control. They don't know what to do when those systems fail, and since they are man-made they WILL fail at some point. We are effectively creating stupid people behind the wheel. We already have enough of those. Learn how to ride/drive first. Then have gadgets. But always remember your training. Just my opinion and we know what that is worth...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.