Soldering Help - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soldering Help

SPARKY5151 is online now Senior Member California Riders Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've already bought one of those momentary waterproof push buttons that Honda uses to reset the trip mileages and scroll through trip A/Trip B/and continuous odometer modes. I am planning on mounting it and the opener into my fairing when I get around to installing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sempai View Post
    Yes, it'll be momentary, but surely you're not considering jumping off that switch?? Do you happen to have a 'flash to pass' button? I'd more likely consider the horn button before the trip resetter...What are you thinking about doing?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    No , not jumping off of it, adding one in addition to the same area, but connected to my garage remote, ranging it to look own, so I'm getting another out those switches to mount there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARKY5151 View Post
    I've already bought one of those momentary waterproof push buttons that Honda uses to reset the trip mileages and scroll through trip A/Trip B/and continuous odometer modes. I am planning on mounting it and the opener into my fairing when I get around to installing it.
    Yup, but I'm putting mine just opposite of the original one, so it looks factory.

4. Thankssumdatx thanked for this post
  5. Remove Advertisements
    VTX Cafe
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by h2omagnet View Post
    No , not jumping off of it, adding one in addition to the same area, but connected to my garage remote, ranging it to look own, so I'm getting another out those switches to mount there.

Excellent, I like the idea. Be sure to post some pics. Also, try to avoid using speaker wire or the silly side-by-side low voltage stuff. Spend the money on a nice two-conductor wire that'll have the two individual wires you'll need within a single, round cable. I'll see if I can find a suitable source for you...

Fishingfoolemjak is online now Mental Member Tennessee Riders Group
    South Carolina Riders Group
    North Carolina Riders Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can use any appropriate conductor, nothing special about the wire your showing him... I ran some stuff on my bike and used #12 THHN... As long as it can carry the current and amperage you need then it's fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishingfoolemjak View Post
    You can use any appropriate conductor, nothing special about the wire your showing him... I ran some stuff on my bike and used #12 THHN... As long as it can carry the current and amperage you need then it's fine.
    Yeah, any suitable conductor will work, I like using the stuff I posted a pic of because the shielding subdues much unwanted interference with my stereo and, an added bonus, the two wires within the single, black, round cable blends in seamlessly with factory wiring, and can be run through fairings and the like using readily available through-wall grommets. Using these items, the installation can be done in such a way that it looks factory, no one notices the one black wire...Quite the opposite if one uses speaker wire, side-by-side wires, or two individual wires routed alongside each other, these installs are easily noticed.

9. ThanksFishingfoolemjak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't discounting your chosen product, I just don't want people to think that's all they can use. I agree, it would make for a clean look. It also depends on you project though, you can bring power wherever you want with just one wire and ground locally to the project site... I realize though that this doesn't necessarily mean anything for the project being discussed in this thread....

11. Thankssumdatx thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sempai View Post
    Excellent, I like the idea. Be sure to post some pics. Also, try to avoid using speaker wire or the silly side-by-side low voltage stuff. Spend the money on a nice two-conductor wire that'll have the two individual wires you'll need within a single, round cable. I'll see if I can find a suitable source for you...
    Appreciate the heads up on the wire, but being an Electrical Contractor, I have enough wire around here to choke a horse!!!!!...........and an elephant.............couple of pigs............you name it!!!! Everything from 28 GA. through one million circular mills.

13. ThanksFishingfoolemjak, sumdatx thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARKY5151 View Post
    one million circular mills.
    What are you wiring with 1000 KCMIL ?
    Last edited by Fishingfoolemjak; 01-10-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do mostly Commercial and Industrial work, although I am spooling down. Not taking any more new construction projects, mostly support for my existing customers. NOT trying to make you feel bad or anything but I'm retiring as of May 1, 2017. Am closing the business and selling off the equipment, then start traveling. Lots of this country we have not seen and it's about time.

16. Thankssumdatx, Fishingfoolemjak thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information