Please help find previous owner of my 1300C beauty (@Tennessee)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help find previous owner of my 1300C beauty (@Tennessee)

Post Thanks / Like

Please help find previous owner of my 1300C beauty (@Tennessee)

Hi everybody,

Here's the story. I got my beloved Candy Red 2004 VTX 1300C in May 2016 from a bike dealer in Poland. What I knew at the time was that the bike had salvage certificate issued in 2015 due to (minor) collision damage to the rear end. I've got the salvage auction photos, damage desription & actual mileage. It was professionally repaired before I got it and I had it inspected by experienced shop crew before the cash changed hands. Done and dusted.

Still, I couldn't help but feeling curious about the history of my bike, knowing it was already 12 years old and got 34k miles under its belt. So a couple of days ago I decided to order a VIN check at CycleVIN and found out that the bike had only one owner, who had bought it brand new on March 30, 2005 with 2 miles on the clock and kept it until the summer of 2015. I thought I'm spending those 25 bucks on VIN report to finally get rid of that curiosity, but only now I got really curious! LOL

If there were like 3 or 5 owners I guess I wouldn't even bother, but reading the report I realized that this guy / lady must know EVERYTHING about my motorcycle hitting the roads for more than 10 years! Would be awsome to have a chance to speak to him/her about the bike in general, the maintenance that already was conducted and the to-do list, that the owner must have had before the accident occured. But also to let know that the VTX is in good hands now, alive and kicking! It is my dream bike, now back in perfect condition and not just a toy for a couple of seasons. I'd love to keep it for as long as I can so somehow it feels right to talk to the person who owned it from the day one. Would be great if you could help me identify and/or contact the guy or at least come up with any trace or idea

The facts / clues:

- Bought on March 30, 2005 in Tennessee

- Salvage certificate issued on June 8, 2015

- Sold on auction by Copart in Nashville, TN on Monday, July 27, 2015

- 34.191mi on the clock when sold on auction

- V&H Cruzers slip-ons

The photos

Post Thanks / Like
    That bike traveled a lot of miles from Tennessee to Poland, would be real cool if you were able to locate the owner, But my bets are he may have went to another brand of bike and may not frequent the forum...even if he ever did frequent it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck.

in 50 years. I never seen a car/truck/motorcycle I ever owned after it got sold.

I do know my last bike . (traded in) was shipped out of the country...

Have a title search done ( Cost )... if truly one owner.. should not be that pricey.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VTX Cafe
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for quick reply. Yeah, I'm well aware of that. But if there's a chance, why not to try? And maybe there are other guys still here who would know or recall this bike.

PS. The VTX as it looks now, pictured when visiting my grandma last summer. At 92 she was still looking forward to taking a short ride, of course as a passenger hahah... An incredible woman

6. ThanksHondaboi, Dave.David969, RBull thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Silver F, I know that too. But I have also come across posts like 'Hey, isn't it XY's machine in that pic?' 'Yeah, I think it's his last bike' etc. Unlike cars, furniture and garden stuff, people do pay attention to bikes, they ride together, they modify them together... Who knows, maybe one day I'll get a post like 'Hey Rads, how does it feel to ride my motorcycle!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rads View Post
    Silver F, I know that too. But I have also come across posts like 'Hey, isn't it XY's machine in that pic?' 'Yeah, I think it's his last bike' etc. Unlike cars, furniture and garden stuff, people do pay attention to bikes, they ride together, they modify them together... Who knows, maybe one day I'll get a post like 'Hey Rads, how does it feel to ride my motorcycle!'
    you could get "LUCKY".. I have been in the industry over 40 years... if it was a one of a kind... maybe.. but production..

but NOTHING WRONG with trying.

Vinish is offline Super Moderator
    Michigan Riders Group
    Midland, MI in Summer and The Villages, FL in winter
    Post Thanks / Like
    You might try posting on craigslist for multiple cities in TN or maybe Facebook (not sure about FB as I have never used it and know nothing about it).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinish View Post
    You might try posting on craigslist for multiple cities in TN or maybe Facebook (not sure about FB as I have never used it and know nothing about it).
    Good point, thanks. I also checked what is the 'official' way of obtaining the personal information about previous owners. It requires to fill in the forms at the proper DMV and provide the reason for the request. Only then they will assess whether to approve or deny the request. But you know what, I don't feel like hunting the man down like that... He didn't steal my bike after all, he just happened to own it once, and this is not a crime (okay, he DID crash it, but since it was a 'REAR END' damage, I assume it wasn't his fault and it's now all forgiven LOL ). I guess I'd rather stay calm and count on other owners' memory.

IndyX is offline Fast Red Club Member
    Indiana Riders Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    The red thing on engine and the brake light fish are enough for the old owner to identify it if they are still around. Good luck. You might try posting on vtxoa, not everyone from here is on there and vise versa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Indy, I will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information