Plug n Play LED headlight replacement bulb for under $10 ......YOU BETCHA


Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 71

Thread: Plug n Play LED headlight replacement bulb for under $10 ......YOU BETCHA

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Plug n Play LED headlight replacement bulb for under $10 ......YOU BETCHA

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/272492833844


    yes, it's out of stock from that seller but just search EBAY as many folk sell the same bulb


    UPDATE, $1 cheaper than I paid
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-H4-20w-C...RYIvDb&vxp=mtr



    I had to try it at $9.44 and free shipping

    plugged it in and it was a direct replacement for the H4 and yes it has a little cooling fan in the front.


    I took the bike down one of my usual roads and I didn't even need my driving lights. With the stock bulb I had to use my driving lights to see.

    20w drain is better than 55w (stock bulb) and brighter and eaisr to be seen during the day too

    Time to wire the new tach and install the LEDs onto the saddlebags

  2. ThanksHiramsaint, Fishingfoolemjak, mjklaser thanked for this post
  3. #2
    MR VTX's Avatar
    MR VTX is offline There Can Only Be One
    Texas Riders Group
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Magnolia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    That link is for one from China. Did yours come from China?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MR VTX View Post
    That link is for one from China. Did yours come from China?
    yup

    I wasn't dealing with a burnt out headlight so the few weeks didn't matter to me

    If you look around Ebay or Alibaba you will see A LOT of items that look awfully familiar

    If you desire to pay a 4,5,6 and even sometimes 7x premium in price from someone who stocks those items in the USA (still made in China tho) then that's OK too. Some folks put a premium value on OEMs who simply slap their label and packaging on products but keep stock in the USA

  5. Remove Advertisements
    VTX Cafe
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    MR VTX's Avatar
    MR VTX is offline There Can Only Be One
    Texas Riders Group
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Magnolia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,577
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any problem ordering from overseas either...just bought one. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up to the SilverStar Ultra bulb I have in there now. I'll post before & after pics when it arrives.

  7. Thanksmjklaser thanked for this post
  8. #5
    mjklaser's Avatar
    mjklaser is offline ~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
    New Hampshire Riders Group
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_rides View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/272492833844


    yes, it's out of stock from that seller but just search EBAY as many folk sell the same bulb


    UPDATE, $1 cheaper than I paid
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-H4-20w-C...RYIvDb&vxp=mtr



    I had to try it at $9.44 and free shipping

    plugged it in and it was a direct replacement for the H4 and yes it has a little cooling fan in the front.


    I took the bike down one of my usual roads and I didn't even need my driving lights. With the stock bulb I had to use my driving lights to see.

    20w drain is better than 55w (stock bulb) and brighter and eaisr to be seen during the day too

    Time to wire the new tach and install the LEDs onto the saddlebags
    Thanks so much, Bill... I just bought the last one from the 2nd, 'cheaper' link that you gave

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MR VTX View Post
    I don't have any problem ordering from overseas either...just bought one. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up to the SilverStar Ultra bulb I have in there now. I'll post before & after pics when it arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjklaser View Post
    Thanks so much, Bill... I just bought the last one from the 2nd, 'cheaper' link that you gave

    I would have posted before and after but I still can't get photobucket to work on this site.

    One of these days I'll figure out how to post pictures

    to mjk, glad I could help and feel free to rub it in that you paid less than I did.


    Tonight I'm going to mess around with turning the LED or adjusting as the high beam aims very high.

    You really only need the low beam and when I flicked on my LED driving lights, WOW was the road illuminated

    The bright white light will hopefully also catch the eye of texting and elderly drivers during the day. If you want a real scary image, we even have elderly drivers texting while driving.................

  10. Thanksmjklaser thanked for this post
  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johnsonville, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    638
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is the high beam on it? The LED in my Bonneville doesn't do high beam very well.

    EDIT: guess we were posting at the same time! haha please let us know how the adjustment goes

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Ocala
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ64 View Post
    How is the high beam on it? The LED in my Bonneville doesn't do high beam very well.

    EDIT: guess we were posting at the same time! haha please let us know how the adjustment goes
    Just in case you missed it. He said high beams are aimed a little high.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johnsonville, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmm ok thank you

  14. #10
    mjklaser's Avatar
    mjklaser is offline ~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
    New Hampshire Riders Group
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Bill, I'm such a big spender (LOL) that I splurged and went for the $1.99 expedited shipping, so you paid the lower price!!

  15. Thanksbill_rides, RBull thanked for this post
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. LED plug and play headlight
      By 07vtx1300cnati in forum Honda VTX 1300 Forums
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 06-08-2015, 04:34 PM
    2. Finally a bright H4 LED headlight bulb replacement
      By pruden in forum Honda VTX 1300 Forums
      Replies: 58
      Last Post: 03-20-2014, 09:26 PM
    3. Headlight Bulb Replacement
      By Papa's VTX in forum General VTX/Motorcycle Topics
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: 03-16-2013, 10:53 AM
    4. Trying a new kind of LED replacement bulb
      By Kevrox in forum General VTX/Motorcycle Topics
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 06-25-2012, 12:21 AM
    5. '05 1300R Led signal bulb replacement
      By dziadek in forum Chrome Parts / Misc
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: 07-21-2009, 10:44 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •