first cruiser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first cruiser

Post Thanks / Like

first cruiser

Hi everyone, my name is Jesse, i live in Adelaide, South Australia. If there are any other VTX Cafe members here let's catch up.
    I have just bought a 1300c7 about a week ago, haven't had much time to go for a decent ride as yet, but i am really looking forward to seeing how good this bike handles. I was looking to buy an m109, then is saw this bike and knew this is the one i wanted. The VTX is an amazing bike, as soon as i got on it to ride it home i felt really comfortable. I bought it without a test ride. I own a 2006 with only 8500 K's on the clock, the bike is mint condition.

Now i'm looking forward to sharing with you guy's and finding out the best mod's, i want to put extra lights on first, i like the one's with the indicators and lights are together, also want to be able to hide the wiring. Want a batwing fairing as well.

You guy's have some great looking bikes, so i know i'm going to get some good advise and tips.

Jesse

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome mate !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome

Ride free ride safe

4. Remove Advertisements
    VTX Cafe
    Advertisements

Fishingfoolemjak is offline Mental Member Tennessee Riders Group
    South Carolina Riders Group
    North Carolina Riders Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from the mountains of western NC!!! Is fosters really Australian for beer????

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from the Florida Space Coast!
    I live 5 minutes south of the Australia's sister city of Melbourne, Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. G'day, Mate. From central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies. I'd first recommend you spend some time here reading about DIY maintenance on your new ride. The low miles are nice, but NOT being ridden can be hard on these bikes too. ALL fluids need changing every 2 years or so. Brake fluid, coolant, final drive oil, fork oil. Once these are taken care of, be very aware of what is known as the 'death wobble', inherent with the 1300 all models. The steering neck bearings are a cheap P.O.S. You can find out if they are going bad by accellerating to 40-45, ease off the throttle, and let your hands just hover over the grips. If it starts to shake, or wobble, grab hold again, and slow to regain control. Most replace with a $30 "All Balls" brand kit. A several hr. replacement, with the right tools and someone knowledgable doing it. Here in the states, many get this taken care of at regional tech sessions, for free, and gain new knowledge about their ride and make new friends in the process. Tires more than 4-5 yrs. old need replaced regardless of tread- getting hard, losing grip, dry rot. Not safe. Rear shock bushing replacement really improves handling and ride, an easy and cheap fix. Make sure the battery is fully charged, then take it to an automotive parts house that will do a 100 Amp load test. It can show 12 volts but still have a weak cell or 2 that will let you stranded. Do all this, then ride it like ya stole it.

SPARKY5151 is online now Senior Member California Riders Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Cafe from the sunny Central Valley in California. Enjoy the addiction!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome mate from Southern California...

Happy to help you spend money!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome brother. I bought an 1800 last fall. So I know the feeling of knowing it was the bike for you. The people here are great, very knowledgeable and helpful. And in my case very patient, I feel like I'm always making a new thread asking something new or asking an old question I couldn't find an answers for. Post a pic of your bike. I think it's safe to say we all enjoy seeing new members bikes.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    wow! looks beautiful, thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure if anyone drinks Fosters in Australia anymore. I don't drink myself but coopers is more popular here now, don't even see Fosters ads on TV anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information