Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Long Ride Shields Sale

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  RJ64 
#1 ·
I just ordered a Long Rides Shield for my Memphis Shades batwing fairing. They are on sale for $29.70. I have no idea when the sale started or when it ends, but I wanted to post this in case anyone else is needing one. My stock one was scratched up and too low for me, so I'm glad I went to see about getting a replacement. $19.75 shipping is a tad much, but the sale helps offset that. Have a good one!

#6 ·
Go HERE: http://www.longrideshields.com/Articles.asp?ID=276

Scroll down to Memphis Shades and Aftermarket shields

I HIGHLY recommend these shields. They are great quality and well worth the price even when not on sale.

For anyone using a USATRAILERSTORE Fairing from eBay... you need this shield
It's for a Road-Glide ('96-2013).. but fits the Stealth fairing well. You need to trim the edges a bit, and we like to add (2) extra holes (total of 5) instead of the (3) holes that the Stealth comes with.

http://www.longrideshields.com/product_p/lrs-flttp-96-13.htm

I'm 5'9" and the 9" is perfect for me with an Ultimate Big Boy seat
Cueballblaster has an Ultimate Low Rider.. and uses an 8" shield

#7 ·
Oh man, sorry about that. I should have been more descriptive. As of this post it is still on sale.

#11 ·
Ok shield came in yesterday. Finally got around to getting it on and testing it out. It is much thicker than the stock one and has that nice little curve at the top. Mounting it was interesting. The center hole was fine, but the two outer ones were off just a tad. After fully checking it out, I decided to go ahead and alter the holes to make it fit. Leaving the plastic protective cover on while doing this! 3/8" drill bit and 5 mins later all was good. I should have got it one more inch taller, but it works so much better than the old one. Buffeting is drastically reduced now and I can live with that. Sweet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.