Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

xtreme revolution fairing on a 1300S

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Trail Boss 
#1 ·
Has anyone mounted the xtreme revolution fairing on a 1300S? Did you have to remove your upper fork covers or will the Memphis Shade mounting brackets work?

Photos of the mounting brackets would be appreciated.

#4 ·
PT, you can use the UF on a 1300S...here's the issue. On the 1300 R/S with fork tube covers the covers aren't flush with the bottom triple tree like the 1800's are (they push the fairing out from the bottom tree). So, you have some options. Some riders have removed the upper covers and then you can use the Memphis trigger lock hardware (just like a "C" model). Some have used the Cobra relocation kit which moves the headlight out a bit to make it flush with the fairing, but you can't use the Memphis hardware (on the "Retro's". The Memphis Hardware is a bit wider, you can make the windshields work because of course they will flex a bit...the fairing...no flexing). You would just use the inner hardware mounting kit.
The fairing looks awesome on the "S" and if I can dig up some pics I'll put them up here.

#5 ·
The HD fairing I used had brackets with it when I purchased it on ebay, I attached the brackets to the memphis brackets using the top two mounting studs on the fairing, the lower two studs I made brackets and attached them to the memphis brackets. Now, I only used a outer fairing, and had to cut the HD brackets and bolt them to the memphis brackets, but it will work, and is a lot cheaper then the xtreme fairing. I paid $225 for the fairing and I already had the memphis brackets. I can remove and replace my fairing as fast as I could the memphis wingshield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.