Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Cleaning and detailing

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  mjklaser 
#1 ·
Ok, so I will be honest, I have had so much fun riding these past 5 years that the bike has only got the manditory maintenance and the obligitory powerwash once in a while. Well the time has come that it needs way more than that. So I figured that before I get into the swing of riding I would get the rims off and and give them a serious clean and that would be a good time to give the rest of the bike a serious cleaning.

What does everyone recommend for a good spray on/let soak wheel cleaner? I plan on pulling the wheels, seats, windshield, bags and possibly a few other things.

Plan on also getting one of those mothers powercone/ball things to help polish up the wheels after they get a good cleaning.

#5 ·
On my spokes I use a little soapy water and a small dish brush and rinse them off good.

#14 ·
If you're going to go through all the trouble of covering all those parts so you can blast it with Super high pressure water, which will cause the salt and sand particles to put micro scratches on what ever surface they are pushed across by the water, why not just take that time and wash it properly?:hmm2:

Reactions: PaXman11
#22 ·
Damn!!!!!!..................Everybody beat me to it!!!!!...........That's what I get for not reading to the end of the thread before I go off half cocked!!!!!!!:icon_suspicious: :icon_anger: :icon_yikes:
I hate it when that happens!! I hear there's a pill for that....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.