Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Anyone have aftermarket wheels on Theo VTX?

661 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  dezzy7 
#1 ·
Mine are crazy messed up. Pitted and stained. Was thinking about getting other wheels or putting in the elbow grease to try and clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Theo? Assuming that is their.

I don't know about aftermarket but you can often find used rims on eBay. Don't remember which model you have. There was a guy years ago that sold chromed vtx rims. Can't remember name.

#4 ·
IMO it would depend on your financial situation. If you have the extra cash to spend then put a nice set of new rims on it. Would be a very nice addition that could personalize it even more for you but, it will cost you. From what I have seen, new rims are not cheap... Other than that you could go with the good ole fashioned elbow grease and do some sanding and polishing. Very intensive and time consuming but the reward when done would most likely be priceless. From what I have read, most people hate putting in the work it takes to polish but are very proud of their accomplishment once it is all said and done. Plus you can always say "I did it myself". Good luck with your choice and keep us posted...

Reactions: mjklaser
#6 ·
Yar, there have been a ton of threads dealing with techniques, best methods, best materials/tools, etc. Racer, a simple search herein will tell you alot. I just used a Mothers Powerball on a drill and TurtleWax metal polish... my wheels came out shiny and new-looking! :cheers:

#5 ·
aftermarket... wheels and adapters... maybe 2K ..

sand and polish.... plan on many hours.. lots of sand paper... water.... polish.... plan on 4 to 5 days of work..

but once done.. 1/2 hour per wheel per year... EVERY YEAR....

my bike.. maintained since new... done 1/2 hour every year.. but twice needed sanded and polished...
I have been sanding and polishing on my bikes for 40 plus years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.