23 MPG in city vtx1800 fuel injected

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 23 MPG in city vtx1800 fuel injected

Coffee 23 MPG in city vtx1800 fuel injected

i don't know why some people tell how many miles they can go from fill up until the low fuel warning light comes on. we don't know how many gallons were consumed. i've calculated 23 MPG using 87 octane, travelling 300 miles in stop and go traffic. three times each i bought 4.1 gallons and then i bought 1 gallon. i rode 23 miles and the low fuel light came on. so 300/ 13.3 gallons = 22.5. comments?

Charlie D is offline Senior Member
    Washington State Riders Group
    Oregon Riders Group
    California gas is crap compared to what they sell in most states

gas mialage can only be calculated over long periods say 20 tanks then do the math which you did.

wanderingbear is offline Senior Member Florida Riders Group

Driving habits and different gases will give you all kinds of reading. I never check or care when the light comes on I fill her or she won't run forever.

Quote Originally Posted by jayboydog View Post
    i don't know why some people tell how many miles they can go from fill up until the low fuel warning light comes on. we don't know how many gallons were consumed. i've calculated 23 MPG using 87 octane, travelling 300 miles in stop and go traffic. three times each i bought 4.1 gallons and then i bought 1 gallon. i rode 23 miles and the low fuel light came on. so 300/ 13.3 gallons = 22.5. comments?

I am very confused about your millage. I have the N model and it has the same size tank as your R. Mine is getting a average of 35 mpg around town and maybe 40+ if I do HWY trips. As an example I can expect to get about 150 miles and when I fill up it takes me about 4.1-4.5 gallons.

Unless you are getting on it I can not see why you are not getting better millage. What i would do is fill your take up to the brim and then see if you can get close to about 150 miles before you have to get gas.

Mpg

I also get 35 to 40 mpg. The mpg will vary alot on how you ride. I have an 1800C.
    I do have one question. If you go with custom pipes and other up grades, does this bring the milage down?
    Thanks

mpg

when I ride my normal way I've gotten 23-26 mpg when I ride like a normal person I adv 40mpg its u not bike

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I also get 35 to 40 mpg. The mpg will vary alot on how you ride. I have an 1800C.
    I do have one question. If you go with custom pipes and other up grades, does this bring the milage down?
    Thanks
    Yes, aftermarket items can effect the millage. Depending on what you do and how you do it your millage can go down or even up. There are many posts on here about gas millage and aftermarket upgrades.

Just changing the exhaust will not effect your millage that much. Some say maybe 5-10% lower that may only be around 2-3 miles per gallon. Now if you use a fuel management device then you might be able to increase your millage a bit. No matter what these bikes should be getting between 35-40 mpg. Now if Honda would have put a 6th gear on these, then we might be seeing MPG's in the 50's. Dont know why they never did this.

Woot

Quote Originally Posted by Gupone View Post
    Yes, aftermarket items can effect the millage. Depending on what you do and how you do it your millage can go down or even up. There are many posts on here about gas millage and aftermarket upgrades.

Just changing the exhaust will not effect your millage that much. Some say maybe 5-10% lower that may only be around 2-3 miles per gallon. Now if you use a fuel management device then you might be able to increase your millage a bit. No matter what these bikes should be getting between 35-40 mpg. Now if Honda would have put a 6th gear on these, then we might be seeing MPG's in the 50's. Dont know why they never did this.

Gupone,
    Thanks for the info. HAve a great evening! Ride safe!

big oz is offline Member Texas Riders Group
    no 6th gear cause your doing 100 when you shift into 5th...lol

Quote Originally Posted by big oz View Post
    no 6th gear cause your doing 100 when you shift into 5th...lol
    Holly shit Big OZ, you know how to hit it hard. I get to 70 and I have to go to 5th because I am afraid to rap it out any more. I wonder how many RPM's you are tapping if you are in 4th at 100 MPH.

This will def decrease your gas millage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information