Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Who's interested in a dual (left & right) exhausts ?

13K views 105 replies 34 participants last post by  PaXman11 
#1 ·
Let me introduce myself, my name is Nate and I am the owner of SLK-Customs.com . I make aftermarket exhaust for the VTX1300 & VT1300 Motors. I've got a lot of interest on the VTX Facebook pages for dual left and right exhaust. I'm trying to find out what the interest would be. I'm figuring the price would be under $700. So who is interested?

#6 ·
Yup I have it in the description on each set of pipes.

Each set of pipes come with a ceramic coated finish. One coat inside and double on the outside for extra protection. Ceramic coating not only helps the heat flow through the pipes, It helps with performance. Our coatings will not fade or change colors & will last for years.

#9 ·
it's funny that you posted.....I was just on your site.....considering new pipes.....I went from stockers to Sideburners back to stockers that I drilled out. I want pipes that are not too loud....and as you emailed me, I can add baffles easily. I would consider a dual pipe......need a practice bike? how about making them a little longer so they can go past the bags.......

#10 ·
Epiphysis asked my question, lol. I would be interested if the "Dual exhaust" went past the far end of the saddle bags, for a more "bagger pipe" look. I don't want the noise directly under the saddle, but i do want to be heard.
Thanks for bringing this to the forum!

#16 ·
I would also be interested in a TRUE Duals setup for my 2007 1300R. And $700 would be fair.
As others have said.. I'd also need long and low to accommodate my Daytona saddlebags (see sig pic).
The rear pipe needs to be tight to the bike if it doesn't have shields.

#19 ·
but for anything near $700 is wayyyy more than i would want to pay since i already have the vance and hines that came on the bike when i bought it. Sorry but im a cheap ass and ill make my own before i pay that much no offense its just sometimes when you have the fabrication skills sometimes you can justify spending the money other times you can't haha

#22 ·
I like symmetry, and balance of looks. Thats the main reason I might want a set of doolies, but................I scored a brand new set of HK3" Long Straights, last summer for less than half of the $749.95 marked on the original box. Would have to be waaaay cheaper than 7 bills for me to even dream of getting them.

#29 ·
I like the look of a dual pipe, that runs both side of the bike. Not just a dual setup on the right side. Perhaps if you develop a dual system, as others have mentioned before that go back as far as something like V&H Long Shots or Big Shots, could generate a lot more interest too. But nice pics and pipes on your site.

#30 ·
You should look into becoming a site sponsor/vendor. Just a thought.

#34 ·
You'll find a ton of interest even if not everyone posting about it.
C model would need shorter and R model longer pipes to look right.
Height matters several different bags out there so need to be able to clear them without being too low.
I think I've read the Roadhouse are almost too low and scrape with aggressive riders.
Ideally if you can find someone with a set of Roadhouse pipes that might give you an idea on design but they are very rare and still wanted.

#46 ·
Alright just a heads up. My wife said I should so 藍. I'm looking to buy a VTX1300 so I can build dooleys & some other styles of exhausts other than what I already offer. So keep an eye out in the next few months hopefully. I'm hoping to keep them under $700.

question

I've used ceramic coated as well as stainless as well as painted headers on various cars/trucks. All put out a lot of heat as it's inevitable. The VTX is my first v-twin with exhaust at my right thigh. My other rides have been in-line 4's (have one of them still) with exhaust out of the way from my leg.

How would ceramic coating without a heat shield protect my thigh? If the pipe is somehow tucked in tighter, then that's a good thing.

#36 ·
I think if you can pull it off it will be very profitable for you.
There are posts here every month people looking for duals.
Once word spreads you might have a hard time keeping up.