Turn signal problems

Thread: Turn signal problems

Turn signal problems

Hope someone can help me. I just finished installing a Cobra lightbar and with the help of others, I completed it with no issues. I tested the lights and my turn signals this morning and everything worked fine. I went for a ride and 10 miles down the road in a left turn lane I noticed both my dash turn indicators were flashing. All four signals were flashing as well, one was kind of dim, the other three were bright. I don't have emergengy flashers on my bike. Mind you I was turning left. I hit the right turn signals and the both right flashers worked, however they flash very fast and the two left signals burn steady.

Why they worked fine in the garage and now they are fouled up after a 10 mile ride is beyond me. I labeled the wiring for the signals when I took everything apart to install the lightbar and I believe I have them back correctly. Not to hard of a job, but I'll check them again.

I've had a Kury RTB unit for the last three years and it works fine. Well, I'm not sure if that thing finally blew when I installed the lightbar, all I did was move it out of the way a bit to get the battery area. I have to use a load equalizer with the RTB, so I don't know of that blew either. I see no blown fuses or bad connections so far.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Sixgun View Post
    Hope someone can help me. I just finished installing a Cobra lightbar and with the help of others, I completed it with no issues. I tested the lights and my turn signals this morning and everything worked fine. I went for a ride and 10 miles down the road in a left turn lane I noticed both my dash turn indicators were flashing. All four signals were flashing as well, one was kind of dim, the other three were bright. I don't have emergengy flashers on my bike. Mind you I was turning left. I hit the right turn signals and the both right flashers worked, however they flash very fast and the two left signals burn steady.

Why they worked fine in the garage and now they are fouled up after a 10 mile ride is beyond me. I labeled the wiring for the signals when I took everything apart to install the lightbar and I believe I have them back correctly. Not to hard of a job, but I'll check them again.

I've had a Kury RTB unit for the last three years and it works fine. Well, I'm not sure if that thing finally blew when I installed the lightbar, all I did was move it out of the way a bit to get the battery area. I have to use a load equalizer with the RTB, so I don't know of that blew either. I see no blown fuses or bad connections so far.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks....

Check your bulbs, they all share the ground, so maybe a crossed connection inside the bulb.

Make the issue happen and start removing bulbs till it stops.

cheers

jersrt is offline Member
    Pennsylvania Riders Group

Try these:

Sounds like a short, remove all connection and start again, solder all connections and heat shrink or tape very well. If this does not work the problem will be with the load EQ, I got one from Custom Dynamics and chased t a similar prob. for week only to find out the EQ was but, CD sent me a new for free (very nice). Hope this helps...

Found the problem. Was checking the front bulb assembly and when I moved the rats nest of wires in the front bucket, a single green wire which is part of the signal circuit had come loose.

Thanks guys!!

Thread Information