Corbin Beetle Bags or Tsakayu Bags? And Why? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Beetle Bags or Tsakayu Bags? And Why?

Saddlebags

I went with the Tsukayu Stong bags after much research. My bike is the blue VTX1300R at the bottom of the photos. They fit and look good and have a ton of storage.

DJ Dale, Yes you are correct, I My mind and my fingers were not on the same page. What You stated is correct. My wife will only ride if she has a sissy bar to lean on. meaning you have to buy the corbin seat or another to have a sissy bar

I just had my hard bags installed from Tsukayu with ghost brackets.
    I love them, strong built and a lot of room. took about 3-4 days to confirm order and then 2 weeks for shipment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by roland0324; 04-27-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Hey Rolando
    where did you order them from. Ordered mine from dpl 9 weeks ago still no eta

right of there website.

Tsukayu Strong Bags!!!

Pictures in the hyperlink below and I get more attention for the bags than ANY other mod on my bike...

Just little update called DLP in reference to Tsakayu bags, was told that they should be getting them in the middle of May and they then would be shipped to me. Date has changed four times now,starting to sound like the gas hinges.Don't know if I should cancel order and order directly from Tsakayu , if its only a two turn around

Wow, lots of hate for Corbin

I've never had a customer service issue, shipping delay or quality problems with any of my Corbin gear at all.
    The styling of the Beetle Bags really mimics the shape and lines of the VTX tank and rear fender like no other.

It is possible to use just about any seat, but the only aftermarket exhaust the looks good with them are Roadhouse slip on's.

My B-Bags, along with my other Corbin gear, was ordered the day after I bought my 03'VTX (late December 03')
    ...back then Corbin had a pretty good rep and the Beetle Bags ($800 originally)
    were actually less $$$ then the local (Canadian) Honda stealer wanted for Honda line leather studded bags/brackets.

I also grabbed an adjustable Trim Tab Fairing for less than a Honda windshield/brackets
    and got a matching chin spoiler instead of the Honda Line Shield/Light bar combo.
    I ended up with a scoot that stood out because it looked different than 99% of the "typical"
    chrome, leather clad, plexi windshield cruisers on the road and as a result
    won more than my fair share of 1st place trophies at show&shine events.

I love the Fat Slammed Hot Rod look, like a lowered 49' Merc with skirts

Later this year I plan to swap out the Trim Tab Fairing for a Bat-Wing style
    (Likely from Xtreme Revolution) for more wind/rain protection...and some Tunes!

If you plan to ride 2Up often, you will want to relocate the passenger pegs forward
    ...or better yet switch to Rivco's boards with their 3.5" forward offset arm.
    I even splurged for the matching drivers boards and brake pedal (Triple plated chrome looks so much better than stocker's)

I never had any problems for 4 years with any of my Corbin products, that is until I got rear ended in May 07'.
    Mini-van driven by a senior (that probably shouldnt be driving) rear-ended me while I was stopped at a red light.
    I was launched about 15', along with the bike and was lucky enough to have had both hands on the grips at the time so I was able to keep her upright.

...anyway, the bags took the brunt of the hit, along with my rear fender/tire/pipes.
    The bags acted like a cars crumple zone and likely saved my back/butt from taking a harder hit. The fiberglass was beyond repair though.

I got my new replacement bags without issue and was happy they turned out as good as my original set
    ...and that I wasn't paying for them this time around now that prices have doubled.

If you're creative enough, you can fabricate a quick release sissy bar from a Honda Deluxe backrest
    just by spacing the bags out a half an inch or so, and notching the mounting bracket holes into slots...

I prefer my YoungGuns seat, but for longer rides my G/F likes the stocker
    So I modified my stock seats for quick off/on using suction cups.
    A single knob from Xcessories to remove the YG seat makes it a quick tool-less swap.

If my X had gone down and was a total write off and I had to start over,
    ...at today's prices?
    I'd probably just go buy a HD StreetGlide

I know, I know....

BIGREDSLED

Thats one hell of a ride

Bike looks great!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information