Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
3M views 6K replies 4K participants last post by  Vinish 
#1 · (Edited)
My name is Ray Kirby, I live outside Charlotte, NC. I work as a 911 supervisor in Charlotte. From 1987 to 2002 I worked as a EMT-Paramedic tll a shoulder injury forced me into dispatch.

I bought my VTX after looking at several brands, the X stood out and I bought it July 2003. I ride as ofetn as I cana nd I can't think of a bike I would like better, my wife wants a 1300c now for her.

Enjoy the boards! :coffee:

My bike:

#27 ·
Hi, my name is Michael Stevens and I am an Insurance Agent in Silsbee, TX (S.E. TX) and I just purchased a new 2003 Honda VTX 1800 C this past February. I been looking at them since they originally came out and they were a huge head turner for me. I have ridden sport bikes and different cruisers but this is the best overall bike I have ever owned. We have since made bike trips to Fredericksburg, TX, Branson, Mo. along with several bike rallys. My girlfriend usually rides with me and she loves it as well!

#28 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I'm Jay Birdsall and live in West Palm Beach, FL and Hiawassee, GA. When I bought my X more than two years I gave my car to my son. Deciding to ride 365 days a year was the second best decision I ever made. The first was buying the X.

#29 ·
Xster, here, 48yo from Fortville, IN, northeast of Indianapolis. Owner of a Black 03 1300s, for about 18 months. Back riding after many years. Grew up on little hondas, never going anywhere else. One day I will spring for the Neo Retro, and be happy ever after...Until then, I will enjoy my long fendered beauty. Loved my first Honda Homecoming, met many new friends from my state.

Xster

#30 ·
Hi all! I'm Marianne and I've been riding my silver VTX 1300R for almost a year now and loving every minute of it! My H and I both started riding about 3 years ago on our Honda ACE's. (also a great bike!) Our bikes have taken us to some beautiful places and enabled us to meet some pretty awesome people.

#31 ·
TX VTX Rider

Hi folks! My name is Jim and I just joined up to this site and am impressed. Looks like fun. I recently got back on motorcycles after getting the last child out of the house. Last bike I had was an early 80's Silver Wing which I totaled after hitting a dog at 60 MPH. I walked away, but the boss (wife) said she wasn't raising the kids on her own. Now, with her blessing, I just purchased the 2005 VTX 1800F. It's a great bike and I'm enjoying it every chance I get.

#32 ·
Introductions

Hi my name is Shaun, I am an Air Force officer stationed at Langley AFB, Va and finally bought a motorcycle. I am a 42 yr old newbie rider (1600 miles so far on a candy apple red 1300) and am loving every minute of it...learning a lot and hoping to learn more from you experienced riders.

#34 ·
First Post

Jrsess here, I live in Wesley Chapel Fl., just north of Tampa . Been here 20years,lived in Northern Wisconsin before.I bought my X march 2001,I honestly never rode any bike quite like it.It was love at first sight!I also have a1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 I bought brand new.I'm also a member of the VTXOA. Ride Safe Jrsess :cool:

#41 ·
Just Joined

HI, Jamie from South Carolina near Rock Hilll. I have been riding on two wheels since 5 on my beloved Honda 50. Bought a Honda 350 at age 15 and have been on the road ever since. Owned Harley, Kawi and still Kawi, but always come back to Red. I have a VTX1800C 2003, CBR600RR. Enjoy riding especially with wife and 16 year old son who rides a Ninja 250. Training right and train them early. Son has raced MX since 6, but is now coming to love the open road. Mother bites her nails, but enjoys riding. Great site and some really sweet rides posted here. Nothing special about mine a few extras nothing to brag about except getting rid of the factory can for some 2" cobra's that may be getting swapped out soon. Any suggestions? All are welcome. Just got back from a week long ride to Savannah, met friends and rode in all directions from there. Great fun.

Safe Motoring and thanks to Dennis or Ray you no who you are for sending me here.

Jamie

#44 ·
My name is Dale Halpin, I live in Schenectady NY.
I work as an electronic technician, have formerly been
a field engineer for two computer companies.
I served in the US Navy and Army in the electronics repair field.
I have been riding Hondas since 1972 and this is my fifth Honda.
It isn't perfect, but it is at least twice as powerful as my last bike,
and I enjoy riding it more than words can say.
My bike is a 2003 VTX1800C with Retro fenders.

#45 ·
Hi folks,
James from Houston, TX happy to be here. I own a 03' 1800 retro, which I've had since October of 03', and have put over 20,000 miles on. At the time of this purchase I was set on a HD Fatboy, that is until I was told, by my cousin who was buying a Goldwing at the time, to check out the VTX. I have'nt looked back since. I look forward to talking with you all.

#46 ·
Hello all, I am new to the vtx world as I have ridden another brand for years and just recently purchased an 03 retro 1800. love it so far and am looking forward to a long relationship with it. I work too many hours and ride too few ..that is going to change
take care all remember Jesus saves us all
chappy

#410 ·
new to the site and the bike

Hello Everyone...One of the many Michigan "X" riders new to this site....Hope to have many good conversations with all of you...Bye for now RIDE SAFE
I live in menominee MI. Just purchased a vtx 1800 neo retro. Made the first payment, still have not drove it. Can't wait. Snow almost gone. What do you think of the bike I just purchased. "candy orange"
:choppersm

#48 ·
Hi everyone, Skip here. I live in the Indy area. Bought my VTX just before mother's day and have logged a little over 4000 miles on it. My wife and I went to MI last week and put 1400 miles on it. When we got back, she asked where we're going for Labor day weekend. I'm not sure who enjoys the ride more, her or me. Great bike for a long ride. Glad to be a part of this. Always looking for someone to ride with.

#49 ·
Hello, Im Eric from Church Hill Tenn. Just joined the cafe, and am pleased with it so far. There seems to be alot of useful info here. I just got my first cruiser this May an 05 1300C. I absolutely love it. No major accessories as of yet, sissy bar and blvd windshield is all, but will be getting pipes and bags soon. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Anyone from this part of Tenn. that wants to ride let me know. I work in the paper industry and have 14 days off each month.