Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

2005 1800 Retro upper fork tube covers search

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Huzzunga.Din 
#1 ·
I have finished my refit of my blickers from my forks to my front fenders. I will get a picture later as soon as our planet moves at least 75 miles aways from the sun as opposed to it's current position of 55 miles from the sun.

It is too hot to go outside in Tulsa.

Anyway, while removing the original turn signal I saw what I knew I would see, which is that the nice chrome covers from Honda ended at the top of the turn signal mounts.

I am very good at searching this stuff out, but I think this time I want to ask about as to what other members may have either done or seen to put some chrome covers on. I have the lower legs already chrome, so I can't see buying a set of Kuryakyn upper and lower covers, if some upper only already exist.

If I have to dissassemble the triple trees, so be it.

If you have ideas or leads, let me know. If you happen to have a cadcam program already figured out, let me know that. I wouldn't mind aluminum as I can polish it up.

But chrome covers are preferred, unless I can glom onto an entire upper cover like for my old '69 Harley with the light support. I saw one on a website, but it was just on a bike on a picture, and I have never seen one for sale.
Thanks
Huzz

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi WB,
So a Spec 3, I think mine is a Spec 2, has covers on between the triple trees without turn signals?
Sounds simple enough.
Huzz

#6 ·
I found some Honda upper fork tube covers on their website. They are not pictured, only described. Key to the description is that "Installation of these will require reloacting the turn signals"
Well, to me and the local Honda Dealer sounds pretty much like full length upper tube covers fora Neo or a Retro. He is ordering them, if they don't work out, we can send them back. In his 2005 catalog there is a Neo and a Retro with turn signals on bars, and full length upper covers. Likely these are as listed, Spec 2 or 3.
So what did Stump do for you, turn some out?
I thoght the Kewl Metal looked very nice, quite pricey though @ $179 a pair just for uppers.
Huzz

P.S. Where do you get the USA map? Safely I mean. The site clickable on Bears post set off my McAfee. Machiata or something.
Huzz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.