Urgent Help 1300c wiring diagram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1300c wiring diagram

Helpsos 1300c wiring diagram

I have a 2004 1300C and I am looking for a detailed wiring diagram for it. Specifically, for use with the Kuryakyn Triple Threat run-turn-brake rear lights. I took apart my rear end to do some body modifications and as murphy's law like's to do, the electrical is not lining back up to the way it was.

I have the rear left working as designed (running light, blinker and brake) but have only got the rear right lights to brake and blink but no running light. I have no problems hard wiring this electrical but cant specifically find the low voltage running light wire to splice for input to the rear right lights.

Any help would be appreciated!

Download the service manual!

http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=3614

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post

I have the service manual! Anyone who is gets into detailed work on their bike, especially with electrical, knows that the service manual is no where near detailed. I'm looking for a specific wiring diagram for the bike, not an electrical overview that doesn't tell me anything in detail. Thanks though..?!

Well, you didn't mention that you had it...sorry for trying to help?

My manual does have a wiring diagram in it. I don't see why you'd need anymore information than that, but I guess I'm not that intelligent.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Well, you didn't mention that you had it...sorry for trying to help?

My manual does have a wiring diagram in it. I don't see why you'd need anymore information than that, but I guess I'm not that intelligent.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Honestly, it's just me looking for help, not looking for some rhetoric to get started between two people. Relax and just enjoy life brother, it's too short to make snappy comments.

I don't take anything here personal. I really do want to know what there is you need to know that's not in the diagram in the manual though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I don't take anything here personal. I really do want to know what there is you need to know that's not in the diagram in the manual though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Specifically, I'm looking for a common hot lead for running lights that I can splice to both the rear left and rear right. It has to separate from the brake and blinker leads (lower voltage). Detailed wiring diagrams show the voltage and color schemes that are associated with specific hot leads so you know which to use for power taps. This stuff is not in the service manual but is in the wiring diagram that Honda sells but I don't want to spend the $60 if someone here has it to download.

Quote Originally Posted by jprice79 View Post
    Specifically, I'm looking for a common hot lead for running lights that I can splice to both the rear left and rear right. It has to separate from the brake and blinker leads (lower voltage). Detailed wiring diagrams show the voltage and color schemes that are associated with specific hot leads so you know which to use for power taps. This stuff is not in the service manual but is in the wiring diagram that Honda sells but I don't want to spend the $60 if someone here has it to download.
    Doc - I have the 04 wiring diagram open and it shows no running light circuit on the back - just on the front. On the back turn signals - common wire is green Power wire on Right turn signal is light blue. Power wire on Left turn signal is orange.

Let me know if you need more info.

More info - Green is common on the front turn signals for both running lights and turn signal lights.

More info 2 - There is no low voltage lead. The running lights are just a second 5 watt filament in the lamp. Looks like the same lamp as the brake light 21/5 watt. These lamps are in the front while the rear turn signals only show a single filament.
    Last edited by The Old Fool; 07-03-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: More info

Quote Originally Posted by jprice79 View Post
    JPRICE, the manual I downloaded from here had all the information you are looking for. I have printed one off and laminated it since I am an electrical nut. The wiring diagram has all the information anyone would need, which is why Beefy is "Honestly" curious as to what else you may need. Nobody is attacking here, we just honestly want to help, that is what is so cool with the Cafe versus the "other" forum where Flamining is common.

Our electrical system is 12 VDC throughout. No lower voltage at the blinkers just different wires to seperate Running lights and Turn Signal. that is why the OEM Front signal bulbs are dual element.

But in an honest effort to be helpful, the OEM tail light should have 3 wires going to it. Green w/Yellow stripe (Brake Light), Brown (Running Light) and Green (Ground) At the fuse box the Brown wire is Black w/Brown stripe and is on the "B" fuse (10A). Going to the front signals the Black/Brown wire becomes Orange w/White stripe (Left Front Running Light) and Light Blue w/White stripe (Right Front Running Light)

Hope this has helped.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jconrad2 View Post
    JPRICE, the manual I downloaded from here had all the information you are looking for. I have printed one off and laminated it since I am an electrical nut. The wiring diagram has all the information anyone would need, which is why Beefy is "Honestly" curious as to what else you may need. Nobody is attacking here, we just honestly want to help, that is what is so cool with the Cafe versus the "other" forum where Flamining is common.

Our electrical system is 12 VDC throughout. No lower voltage at the blinkers just different wires to seperate Running lights and Turn Signal. that is why the OEM Front signal bulbs are dual element.

But in an honest effort to be helpful, the OEM tail light should have 3 wires going to it. Green w/Yellow stripe (Brake Light), Brown (Running Light) and Green (Ground) At the fuse box the Brown wire is Black w/Brown stripe and is on the "B" fuse (10A). Going to the front signals the Black/Brown wire becomes Orange w/White stripe (Left Front Running Light) and Light Blue w/White stripe (Right Front Running Light)

Hope this has helped.

Jeff

The kuryakyn triple whammy (run-turn-brake) has a controller in the wiring harness but more importantly only has two wires being utilized on each of the bullet styled lights (black for ground and pink for hot). Somehow, can't figure how yet, the pink hot is controlling the tail light, brake and blinker?! With the electrical having issues right now, I am trying to bypass the controller on the right side and splice the tail light wire, brake wire, and blinker wire into the pink hot lead running to the rear right light.

I found the blinker and brake for the right rear but with just those two held to the pink hot lead going to the light, the light doesn't light up when key is turned as a tail light and only works as a brake light and blinker. The brake and blinker work fine, just can't figure out how to get a tail light to the pink wire. The left rear light works fine, just having issues with the rear right light? Not sure where to go from here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information