Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Turn Signal Canceller

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  ArizonaVTX 
#1 ·
I installed one of those turn signal cancelling devices on my scooter yesterday. I did it because I am getting old and can't remember my name half the time much less to turn off my signals. This is a great device and easy to install but now I have another problem.
After the turnsignal times out you have to cancel it before it will work again. Guess I will have to start taking "brainagra". T.

#2 ·
BigT said:
I installed one of those turn signal cancelling devices on my scooter yesterday. I did it because I am getting old and can't remember my name half the time much less to turn off my signals. This is a great device and easy to install but now I have another problem.
After the turnsignal times out you have to cancel it before it will work again. Guess I will have to start taking "brainagra". T.

Doesnt sound very convient.

#4 ·
I have the signal canceler on mine and do not have to manualy cancel it. did you put a spring inside the switch? The spring that came with the kit brings the swith lever back to center.

#6 ·
There should be two small springs. They go on each side of the lever. They fit very tight. Al lot of people cut them down just a little. I opted to make a special tool to enable me to get them into place.

#7 ·
Have looked at those cancelling devices, not sure if they are for me and that is only because they have a long and short timing period. I might try it in the future if I find one that is easy to install and doesn't have so many parts that I have to actually read the directions...lol.
Ride Strong, Live Long, Richard

#9 ·
I have one on my bike. This won't come as a big shock to you folks here who know me, but I built it. Radio Shack is my friend!

Sometimes it's good to be the resident geek. I need to modify it though and add a tach sensor of some kind so that it doesn't time out on me when im sitting at a light. ideally, I'd like for it to NOT start the timing sequence unless the bike is running above, say, 1500 RPM. Oh well, it's currently -3 degrees here, with a wind chill in the area of -40. The entire town is shut down tomorrow - no school, no work, no nothing. And my garage is heated...*heh* i smell projects!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
Betty Boop said:
Saw one today for 20.00 it was installed in the headlight, beeps when you forget to turn signals off, apply brake and beep stops, let off brake beeps again until you cancel signal. Hmm..doesn't sound too bad and not a million parts.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VTX-1800-1300-Turn-Signal-Beeper_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ001QQitemZ110086642881QQrdZ1

Yes, I like ebay..
BB
My family couldn't do without ebay from time to time..! Looked at the device it does seem pretty cool and easy to install. You must have a knack for finding cool parts I didn't come up with that one in my searches. Ride Strong, Live Long, Freedom.

#11 ·
SouthernFreedom said:
My family couldn't do without ebay from time to time..! Looked at the device it does seem pretty cool and easy to install. You must have a knack for finding cool parts I didn't come up with that one in my searches. Ride Strong, Live Long, Freedom.
Pretty cool huh, ebay's fun too. I just searched vtx 1300 in all catagories, try not to get to specific, for some reason people seen to put alot of stuff in the wrong catagories, so I just keep it simple when searching...Like selling too.
BB:)

#12 ·
Do you Buzz

ibified said:
I have one on my bike. This won't come as a big shock to you folks here who know me, but I built it. Radio Shack is my friend!

Sometimes it's good to be the resident geek. I need to modify it though and add a tach sensor of some kind so that it doesn't time out on me when im sitting at a light. ideally, I'd like for it to NOT start the timing sequence unless the bike is running above, say, 1500 RPM. Oh well, it's currently -3 degrees here, with a wind chill in the area of -40. The entire town is shut down tomorrow - no school, no work, no nothing. And my garage is heated...*heh* i smell projects!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you made it where it gives you the BUZZ in the seat. I think I'll try one of these, O yeah Damn it I don't have signals!!! I may make me a seat buzzer anyway. GG :D

#15 ·
I like the electronic canceler because it not only cancels the directional it can function as a fourway flasher and wigwag. it also turns the directionals into running lights. The price put me off initially $90 bucks but my buddy was going to beat me senseless because I would continually forget to shut them off.

#16 ·
Man ibified

:D
ibified said:
GG, put it on the passenger seat. your wife will thank you... :bleh:
Just thinking, I have NO SIGNALS, VERY SELDOM RUN THE REAR SEAT. I guess I'll have to wait for the 1800 to install a tail buzzer. I'll probaly fix it so my wife has to put in a quarter to cut it on. That way I can keep all my gas paid for while she's on the bike. GG :D :choppersm :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.