VTX 1300C Factory service manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VTX 1300C Factory service manual

Helpsos VTX 1300C Factory service manual

Does anyone have any links for a service manual for a decent price. I have been searching the net and all the prices are pretty high. I need to do some carb cleaning and really need a good manual for teardown. Bike is running crappy due to the new fuel they sell here in florida. 10 percent ethanol.

Bassdude404 is offline The guitar, not the fish!
    Ohio Riders Group
    Michigan Riders Group
    Indiana Riders Group
    Illinois Riders Group
    Service manual is available for free here onsite...It's a red sticky post on the 1300 board...

You say you need to tear down because of 10% ethanol blend fuel...That's all they've sold in my area for a good 20 years or more and my bike has always ran great...Back 20+ years ago the 10% ethanol mix caused all kinds of problems with carb parts, but they sorted that all out pretty quickly...My '81 Caddy runs the same gas my bike does and runs fine..I'm thinking you don't really need to take the carb apart on a 2007, but probably just needs some fine-tuning....Maybe describe what's wrong and we can help you get it right...

It just started running poorly at slow speeds. Popping and Bucking. At faster speeds it is fine and seems to idle normal. I blamed the fuel because they just started selling this stuff where I live.

Bassdude404 is offline The guitar, not the fish!
    Ohio Riders Group
    Michigan Riders Group
    Indiana Riders Group
    Illinois Riders Group
    Probably because of the not-needed jet kit you mentioned in another thread...No jet kit needed with just an exhaust mod....Put the stock parts back in the carb and it will run just fine...

Check the year of your bike verus manual.. ..... http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.ph...tenance+manual

Seems kind of funny that it has been running fine with the jet kit for 10 months until a couple of days ago. Do you think it could be a gummed up carb? It has been sitting up for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle keeper View Post
    Seems kind of funny that it has been running fine with the jet kit for 10 months until a couple of days ago. Do you think it could be a gummed up carb? It has been sitting up for a few weeks.
    If it had been running fine the way it was jetted, then I would say it is probably something else. The ethanol can gum up the carb if it sets in there (just like any fuel).
    We have had the 10% ethanol around here for a long time now and I haven't had any issues with it, but I generally go through a tank of fuel every other day.

I have some of the same problem a little rough but lots of back fires I just moved from ohio to fla. a friend I really trust said to adjust the mix the challenge I donn't have the right tool or know where the screw is I relied on him to much I guess I need a manual also help thanks unclebuck

Glen's VTX garage sells a tool to adjust the A/F screw without haveing to remove anything. Great tool and I got mine in about 3 days after placing the order.

http://glensvtxgarage.com/aftool.html

robdawg13 is offline Senior Member Oklahoma Riders Group
    I got one from ebay for $42 from this seller: orod1248

I know I could have downloaded one for free, but I like to have it in front of me in paper when I'm working on stuff, and that was the best price I found. Delivery was fast and quality was good, etc, etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information