Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

My Husband, my hero

Tags
cool johnny
11K views 43 replies 42 participants last post by  Amos Moses 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Lisa and my husband was Johnnyb2cool. I'm not sure how this works, but I wanted to let you know that John lost his 3 year battle with lung cancer (lifelong non-smoker) last Thursday morning at 3:15am.
He put up a great fight, as his breathing became more and more difficult. He was so very tired. He was surrounded by those he loves, and those that love him. God answered our prayers, John went peacefully in his sleep, and I was able to be the one holding his hand when he took his last breath. I am in the process of planning a Celebrate Life service for John at our church. The tentative date is Saturday, October 24th. I will send another update when I finalize the plans. I would like to put a book together for our daugther with stories about her Daddy for her to have for years to come. This will be something she can look back on, and see what a wonderful man her Daddy was. I know that none of you have met John in person, but you've talked with him on this forum. If you would like to send me a story about him for her book, you can email it to me at bygracealone@sbcglobal.net. Thank you so much.
He is in Heaven now, with a new body without cancer, breathing freely and playing with our 2 other chidren. I will miss him so much, but I know we will see each other again and that gives me peace.
By His Grace,
Lisa
"At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.” Titus 3:3-7 NIV

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry to hear this....Hate reading posts like this....They make us big 'ole ugly bikers get all teary-eyed...:(

Stay strong for your daughter, and know that with each day that passes, things will get a little bit better....

Thanks for letting us know....We would've started wondering what happened to him....

#6 ·
My condolences to you and your family. He sounds like he was a nice guy to know. Sorry I didn't meet him.

#7 ·
Hello Lisa, we are truly sorry for your loss. However as you stated he is in a better place now with no suffering. I applaud your strength and composure in letting us know of his passing on. Thank you for that, be strong for your daughter and peace be with you.

Jeff and Jeanette

#9 ·
He only takes the best. Me and my family mourn for your loss. Below is a poem that was on my Mother's funeral card when we lost her in 04 to cancer. Just replace "her" with "him" and it will fit.

god saw she was getting tired
and a cure was not to be,
so he put his arms around her
and whispered "come with me"
with tearful eyes we watched her suffer and saw her fade away,
although we loved her dearly
we could not make her stay.
a golden heart stopped beating
hard working hands rest,
god broke our hearts to prove to us
he only takes the best.

#10 ·
deepest condolences from my wife and i. very sorry to hear. from reading what you said, however, i am positive he had everything he wanted in life. sounds like he had a wonderful family and a great wife. thank you for the consideration of informing us of his passing. again, sorry. our thoughts are with you

#11 ·
It saddens us to hear of this, however as you said he is in a better place.
My condolences go out to you and your family. Stay strong Lisa.

#13 ·
Lisa...
As said above and in behalf of all of the member's here that may not see your post we are truly sorry for you and your family's loss.
And as also said above I applaud your strength and composure in letting us know of his passing on.

One idea for adding to your book of memories, you can go to John's member profile here and scoll through the 500+ threads he joined in on and print some of them out. The threads will be here with no worries about time, take care of you & your families needs first then when your up to it come back and look through them.

*This link will help you see all his post's* http://www.vtxcafe.com/search.php?searchid=1587865

#14 ·
My condolences to you and your family in this difficult time. Should you need anything that you think any of us could help with, please don't hesitate to ask. We are all brothers and sisters here, when one of us takes the "final ride" we all feel it in some way... John's extended X (biker in general) family is here with you.

#15 ·
My sincerest condolences... I'm very sorry for your loss, thank you for sharing the intimate moments of his final days with us... your willingness to do so has helped remind me of the kindness in those still with us and those that have passed to leave us with the serenity you display.
M

#17 ·
So sorry to hear of John's passing and your loss of loved one. As you say, no one here probably had a chance to meet him in person, but from his correspondence here on the forum, we all felt as we knew him like a brother in the sense of his shared passion for riding. In following his last posts on here, it seemed as though he had made peace with his fate, and was truly inspiring to me at least, that he was dedicated to his family's needs. Once again, I feel as I speak for us all, that we have suffered a loss, though not as great as yours, and will miss him none the less. May God bless you & your family.

#22 ·
Lisa, I am so sorry for your loss. Please excuse anything that may be mispelled in this cause my eyes are flooded in tears as I type this. Johnny and I spoke amny times of his battle with cancer and he was truly an inspiration to me as I too was dealing with close loved ones who were batteling at the same time. My heart hurts right now and I am not sure that I can finish all that I would like to write but please know this. I fully intend on placing "In loving memory of JonnyB2Cool" on my riding vest with your permission of course. I never met him in person and yet I feel as if we knew each other for years.
Prayers sent to you and yours at this moment and please please know that you will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

#24 ·
Lisa, I am sad to hear about John's demise, he was really a fighter. Please accept my condolences and wishing the very best to you and familys. You are correct, John is doing great now and breathing with ease. I didn't know John personally, but learned to know him through his posting and replys. I noticed that he had added flying to his bucket and wondered if he had time to get started at it? I am so happy that he did get his bike and the enjoyment he got from it. John was still so young and makes you wonder why things like this happen. but we just must believe. My prayers for John, you and your families. I am so glad that you were there to hold John's hand as he left, I just know it was very comforting to him. God bless!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.