Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Central florida riders group meet 'n greet

6K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  johannesfrans 
#1 ·
CENTRAL FLORIDA RIDERS GROUP MEET 'N GREET

Wanderingbear and I (Kenko) are inviting all Florida riders/Cafe members to a Meet 'n Greet on Saturday, November 14th starting at 10:00 a.m. The event will be held at Camp Mack, just East of Lake Wales. This was the best central location we could come up with that had all the ammenities we would need. We are hoping for a great turnout folks so please work this into your schedule. The address and phone numbers of the resort are:

Camp Mack's River Resort
14900 Camp Mack Road
Lake Wales, Florida 33898
(863) 696-1108
Toll Free: (800) 243-8013
www.campmack.com

This resort is a beautiful location, right on Lake Hatchineha. Food, lodging (if you want to spend the weekend), BEER, fishing, boating, you name it, it's available. This is a family event so please bring your families along. If the weather is anything close to last Thurday when Wanderingbear and I (and his buddy Bill) had, it will be a fantastic ride, and a fantastic time to meet our fellow Cafe members. I'm bringing the big camera so we can share lots of pics on the Cafe. Visit their website and/or Mapquest for directions to the resort, or call them. If anyone has any questions you can PM myself or Wanderingbear and we will be more than happy to provide assistance. Hope to see a good turnout. A big thanks to Big X for distributing this information to all Florida members on our behalf, we appreciate his help and support. Ride safe everyone!

We appreciate your help in getting the word out to all the Florida members. We'll be posting the results of the event probably first part of the week.

Kenko

See less See more
#3 ·
I know the original thread is still out there, but lets try and keep a roster of who is going to make it on this thread. It will help with people that want to hook up and ride together.

-John

#5 ·
Hey, I got approval to go so if anyone from the Tampa area wants to ride over let's meet at the Hard Rock Hotel parking lot at 8:30 with wheels up at 9am. If you can think of a better place please post it. Here is the route I was thinking about taking.

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=5223+Orient+Rd,+Tampa,+FL+33610+(Hard+Rock+Hotel)&daddr=Camp+Mack+Rd,+Lake+Wales,+Polk,+Florida+33898&hl=en&geocode=FeogqwEdZhgX-yEl7bNygWp0eSlRSGViTM_CiDEFp81A-ObSaw%3BFUpCqgEdXa0k-ykFXHQbLqfdiDH7ZGH-1Q8foQ&mra=ls&sll=27.979165,-81.927725&sspn=0.440843,0.890579&ie=UTF8&ll=28.006527,-81.898956&spn=0.440731,0.890579&t=h&z=11

#6 ·
Kenko advised me the tropical strom is sending some bad weather our way starting on Weds. Keep an eye on the various threads for this event to be sure it's not postponed due to the weather. I sure hope not, there's going to be a pretty good response for the first event. Keep your fingers crossed and a prayer would be great too.

#7 ·
DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe we have been blessed with the most fantastic riding weather for the last month . . . and now that we want to have our first Meet 'N Greet everything is turning to $hit! :banghead: :banghead:

Seems not one but TWO storms could affect our event this coming Saturday. Here is a link with some info:

http://www.accuweather.com/regional-news-story.asp?region=southusnews

Everyone stay tuned . . . Bear and I will keep you up on what is happening. I'm being optimistic that we may be able to pull this off. :choppersm

#9 ·
I sooooo want good weather. I can ride in the rain and some wind, I just hate it because the margin of safety decreases. I'm praying for great weather guys, so pray with me. Ride Safe!!!!!

#14 ·
Wow, looks like nice weather! Wish I could ride down. :( Work sucks sometimes.
You know Ray, you aren't looking well. It could be that flu they're talking about. I saw where Epi says the vitimans derived from a day in the sun is a great cure for the flu. We are going to have a great sunny day here, might be just the cure!!!! That's if you promise not to bring the rain cloud that seems to follow you along.:bleh::bleh:

#13 ·
HEADS UP FELLAS!

Weather is going to be absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!! :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:
It was touch and go for a couple of days but we really couldn't ask for better riding weather. Bear and I hope to see a BUNCH of folks at Camp Mack tomorrow. Everyone ride safe and bring your cameras. :choppersm

#15 ·
I have to cancel my attendance to the Meet & Greet. I have a very special senior family member just diagnosed with a stroke. I must offer my support. Your prayers at this time would be very helpful. Thanks very much. Thanks Bear and Kenko for getting us together, lets do it again, please.

#19 ·
Man, I'm jealous. Jerry, I want some pics. Keep me in mind for the next one. I'll think about ya'll while I'm working.
I'm sure there will be pics galore posted and I'll post them too. I expect you to make the next one. I hope the weather holds out for another month so we can get a pre Christmas gathering in. I'll have to see how many would be interested or if after New Years would be better.

#20 ·
My thoughts with your family Four... we will have a moment for you and your family during our meet tomorrow.

We will expect you at the next one.

#21 ·
where is everyone? looks like im here too late, if someone has their #s call em for me, have em call 4077911409, thanks

Mort
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.