Question 2007 VTX1800F Hard Soft Bags

Thread: 2007 VTX1800F Hard Soft Bags

2007 VTX1800F Hard Soft Bags

Hi, I'm looking to buy some hard soft bag's. I need some help finding some good bag's that fit my bike. I was looking to buy the Honda bag's, but I didn't like the Honda price. I'm also looking at the Viking bag's too. I am open to all help. Thank you for any help.

Tap shooter, take a good look at the bags from US Saddlebags. I have them on both my VTX's, and I wouldn't trade them for anything else.

rocketman37 is offline Senior Member
    Florida Riders Group
    Quote Originally Posted by DSHREK1949 View Post
    Tap shooter, take a good look at the bags from US Saddlebags. I have them on both my VTX's, and I wouldn't trade them for anything else.
    Do you have the stock pipes on your "F", and if so, how close is the right bag to the top pipe? Any issues there? I like US Saddlebags, but I worry they would be too close to the top pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman37 View Post
    Do you have the stock pipes on your "F", and if so, how close is the right bag to the top pipe? Any issues there? I like US Saddlebags, but I worry they would be too close to the top pipe.

I have an identical F as rocketman. I had put HD Roadking bags on my 1300R and moved them to my F. With original pipes they sat too high and actually sat on the pipes. I swapped my pipes to Cobra slash cuts and was able to lower the bags. They look good on the bike and have more storage than other bags I considered. I used Easy Brackets and aluminum plate to mount them so that I can remove them in about 10 seconds.

Mark

Tap shooter if you use the mounts by US saddle bags the the F mount is higher and the pipes clear. I have cobras pipes on mine now, and have installed a C mount to show more of the fender. The F mounts put the bags a lttle higher.

I take it that US saddle bags are the best bag's to buy? I am looking to get a Cobra exhaust system when I can scrape up some more cash. Thank's for the bracket info. I will keep it in mind. Any other bag's? Or is US saddle bag's the way to go.

Thank you for all help.

chijeepdriver is offline Verified member Michigan Riders Group
    Indiana Riders Group
    Illinois Riders Group

Helpsos

Quote Originally Posted by DSHREK1949 View Post
    Tap shooter if you use the mounts by US saddle bags the the F mount is higher and the pipes clear. I have cobras pipes on mine now, and have installed a C mount to show more of the fender. The F mounts put the bags a lttle higher.

I have the cobra slash downs on my 1800f and i wanted to know if i have to modify the C bracket to put the large U.S.saddlebags on? I like the look of the bags being lower,or do i have to get the F bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by trapshooter12 View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to buy some hard soft bag's. I need some help finding some good bag's that fit my bike. I was looking to buy the Honda bag's, but I didn't like the Honda price. I'm also looking at the Viking bag's too. I am open to all help. Thank you for any help.
    i found a set of hond abag on ebay last week for 70 buks, just keep your eyes open :0) i dont buy those cause my ones still perfect condition, but they come up once in a while

Thread Information