Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

exhaust ???

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  whiteknuckle 
#1 ·
does anyone here have an 1800 f/n that has done the clayton mod?
i'd like to see/hear it in person before i start cutting.
thanks
:cheers:

#5 ·
No needed for that, drill all the shallow holes you want first using a 15/32" drill. Next using a 1/2 inch long 15/32" drill and start by drilling one deep hole at a time. Start the bike and listen to it, if you want another hole do the same thing. Each hole you drill stop and listen if you go to far with the holes just put a 1/2" self tapping metal boltin the last one to close the hole. Using some flat black high temp paint and tape to cover your chrome paint the inside for a cleaed up look. It's easy to do.

#10 ·
Couldn't you just buy a set of used R/S/T mufflers and do the Clayton mod, seem an easier mod. Looking at the mufflers the only difference appears to be the end caps. If this is true then the Clayton could be done as long as the shallow holes were drilled thru the end caps into the muffler enought to mark the spots. Then remove the cap and finish the job. Anyone see what I'm seeing?

#11 ·
bass. you are the man.
i love the way those pipes look after the mod.
i like how it's got the big ole openings. shoulda been built that way cause looking at the stock outlets it looks like it came off a chickehawk:D

bear. i see what your saying about the mufflers. my idea was to remove the F end caps, drill the aft baffel and install a set of end caps off of an N but, i like the look of the modded factory F tips. plus it gives me an excuse to finally replace my busted a$$ junk welder

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.