Littleton - Ouray 292.09 miles

Ouray - Bloomfield, NM 115.10 Miles
Bloomfield,NM - Bernalillo,NM 152.58 miles
Bernalillo,NM - Santa Fe,NM 74.18 miles

Santa Fe,Nm - Pagosa Springs 125.85 miles
Pagosa Springs - Salida 140.02 miles
Salida- Littleton 135.91 miles

Total Miles 1035.7 per Mapquest

thinking that instead of doing trip to Niagra to do a couple of trips like this one locally.

July 24th Blast off Date

thinking this is a 4 or 5 day trip

Have not looked into accomodations along the way, I personally would like to camp or stay at KOA's but that's me.

:choppersm Looking for input as to where else people might like to go. Stump's Place in Ky then do the Dragon, Gambling in Oklahoma, Moab, 4 Corners get the idea lol

See less See more
#6 ·
i am down for it if i have the time... as it is i am going to have to ask for a week in the middle of june to go to SD with my brother. that is if i get the job.:D

i have wanted to do the million dollar highway for a long time...

#10 ·
ok let's do this ride. I'll do research into camping and cabins in Ouray, Co. for first night, then Santa Fe for second night. We should be able to be home on the third day. Start out sat. July 24th, I work till 7am but we can meet up and ride to Ouray. time and place to be determined.

#11 ·
ok... the wife and i talked and she wants to tag along ... we have access to a pop up camper and she wants to be the support vehicle and follow in the jeep with the camper so let us nail down the dates and campgrounds and we are set....:cheers::choppersm

#13 ·
New Mexico is a beautiful state to ride in. Many forested, upland areas down southwest (From Soccoro to Silver Springs...stunningly scenic ride). :choppersm Northern NM is great as well, esp. around Taos and Las Vegas. Maybe by then I'll have fuctioning ears and can tag along.....:hmm2:

#15 · (Edited)
told work today that i would be out the 26th so i am in... and the wife is in and we have the hitch for the new jeep and the pop up trailer... i don't think we are bringing any kids so there is at least one bed avalible maybe 2... so jeff amanda we would say kory but his feet will stick out...:bleh:
:cheers:

mike , let me know about campgrounds we need to make sure we can pull a camper in...

#18 ·
Okie Dokie let the planning begin lol

Ouray, Colorado Friday July 23rd KOA Campground
tent sites (most likely 2 tents per site) 40.91
1 room Cabin (sleeps 4 - 5) 74.48

Bernaillo, NM Saturday July 24th KOA Campground
tent site 31.83
1 room cabin 41.72

For Red Lodge Montona Trip

Cody, Wy. KOA
2 room Cabin 98.23 sleeps 6 checking in on Friday July 16th
tent 50.60

Dubious/Wind river KOA Saturday July 17th
1 room cabin 63.12
tent 38.72

For the Sturgis Trip

Hill city/Mt. Rushmore KOA

1 room Cabin checking in august 13th leaving on 15th 171.14
tent 105.12 up to 8 people

So there it is folks a preliminary search for our trips this summer. typically KOA's want one day deposit up front. LEt's get a head count and move forward with this summer of fun.

#20 ·
Unless something drastic happens I/We are in for Montana and Sturgis. I understood the Ouray/NM trip to be 3 days which might be a little much for us. As of right now, the Montana and Sturgis trips along with one where we are meeting my Aunt and Uncle are consuming the rest of my paid days off for the year. :( Not sure that's going to work as I don't get paid shit as it is. LOL

#21 ·
All scheduled trips will be Fri - Sat - and Sunday if people can stay longer or want to travel additional days I can adjust my schedule as I do not have to be back to work till Tuesday at 11pm.

I would suggest making own arrangenments for trips that fit your schedule. If a cabin is your choice let others know as some might want to share cost.

I am truly looking forward to these trips!!

#26 ·
I would like to get a count of those going to the Beartooth Ride? I will make reservations (unless someone wants to make their own) in Cody @ KOA, depending on response will dictate if I get a cabin or tent spaces. From Cody I think it is about 1.5 hours to Beartooth Pass.

How many for "Million Dollar Highway" ride? Will book KOA's about 1 month in advance unless someoe desires to do their own arrangements.

How many for Sturgis? Same deal with this ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.