Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

belt drive for vtx

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  X'N 
#1 ·
I`ve looked for information about a belt drive conversion for the vtx 1800 and found nothing have anyone of you heard of a conversion ? As to the reason why, I love the bike but low speed jerk is a nuisance. Jim

#6 ·
final drive

I think you might be taking my request a little out of context. I have been riding for 42 yrs. I have owned 9 bikes 2 of which had shaft drive there seems to be a little jacking at acceleration , and for such a big engine it does not need to be geard so low. Just minor annoyances. What is the difference between the 1800 and 1300 final drive. Jim

#7 ·
What is the difference between the 1800 and 1300 final drive. Jim
The 1300 has a higher final drive gear ratio.

#9 ·
Ride_red a question for you.Is it as srtong as the 1800 and do you know what the reduction in rpm isat 60, or does anyone on this forum know?
I have heard the rpms drop by a couple hundred on the highway and also that it isn't a huge difference. The final drive reduction on a 1300 is 2.818, if you know the number on your 1800 you could figure a percentage difference. I don't know about if it is as "strong" except that lots of people have switched them out and I haven't heard of any problems. There are some threads about this already, search for final drive and you might be able to get some better info. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.