Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Odometer problem

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jpierce575 
#1 ·
The odometer in A-trip mode is what I use to track my gas mileage. It now resets to 0 when I cut off the motor and goes to the total miles readout when I fire her back up. Now I cannot track when I need gas. I have recently removed the tank and think the plug may be the problem, does anyone know what color wire is for the memory for A trip mode so I can check the terminal or can it be something else?

See less See more
#4 ·
You might check fuse F (5A) before you look at the plug. Mine did the same thing once and that fuse was blown. I think the wire you are looking for is red with a green stripe according to the manual I have. Good luck.
Thanks, Me and the wife just finished looking a the green plugs with a magnifying glass and flashlight. Did not see any problems here. Could Honda have made this more of a pain in the azz with these small plugs!! Will check the fuse tomorrow....

#7 ·
Another satisfied customer! Sounds like that fuse was disconnecting all power to that puppy when you killed bike power. My odo will behave the same when I disconnect the battery terminals.

Sweet bike!!! !!!!! !!!!

Mort

#8 ·
Glad your problem is resolved. Great looking bike!!!! :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.