Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Motorcyclist killed in Mills River, NC

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  R1Mike 
#1 ·
Wade Givens owned and operated Wades Diner right beside my work. I normally stopped in there for biscuits and gravy (the best around) and would sometimes go for lunch. SUPER nice guy. Always happy and would take time to talk to you. He loved to ride and we often talked about motorcycles, favorite roads, etc.

Here is the article:
http://www.blueridgenow.com/article...?Title=Man-dies-after-motorcycle-wreck-Friday

I drive this road every day to and from work. I would have seen this after work Friday, but for some reason I took the long way home that day. He was only a couple of miles from home. This morning on my way to work, his sign said "Rest In Peace Wade." Very sad.

#2 ·
"A man was killed after a car hit the back of his motorcycle . . . . . . " :banghead:

This is why I get real nervous when I have to stop on the roadway for whatever reason. I keep a sharp eye in the rear view mirrors. :mosh:

#6 ·
I heard that extremely sad story on the news last weekend, while visiting family in the mountains. On the news report they had said alcohol and speed were NOT factors in the accident. Really?! Then how come he couldn't stop in time?! Couldn't have been the first time someone was stopped in the road to turn left into that driveway!

My prayers are with Mr. Givens' family and friends.

#7 ·
“It was just a bad start to our weekend,” Cloud said.
What about the motorcyclist??? His weekend pretty much sucked....RIP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.