Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Saddlemen Bags issue...

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bryanbeam 
#1 ·
Hey all!
I picked up a set of used Saddlemen bags for my 1300R for 40 bucks. I got supports as well. They are throw overs. I also have them tied to the support brackets. They fly up when i hit 50+ it looks like i have wings! I was wondering if anyone had this issue and how to resolve. Thanks!

#3 ·
I recommend a six pack of a highly hopped beer in each bag.

G'day,

Vinish

#4 ·
i had the same problem with my saddleman bags. i tried tying them down but the support bottom is way above the bottom of the bag because i have the extra large bags. it helped but didnt fix the problem. i opted for my 40cal in one and a small (yet unnecessary since im on a vtx and not a harley) tool kit in the other. THAT fixed it.

#5 ·
Thanks guys! I really like the beer idea! I was thinking of getting some strip metal extending the support to the bottom of the bags and securing them that way. I had another idea to shape 1/4 plywood to the shape of the bag. drill some holes through it and securing them that way. I guess I will throw some weight in them and see what happens, if thats all it takes I will be pleased! Im not really wanting to pretend I am in shop class! LOL

#9 ·
lmao!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.